Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Get rid of many of these ads when you become a member of SatelliteGuys Today! Membership is fast and FREE! CLICK HERE to sign up now!

How the heck can I delete easily from DVR without having to go one program at a time?

Discussion in 'The Hopper Zone' started by iceshark, Aug 9, 2012.

1. iceshark

iceshark Thread Starter Active SatelliteGuys Member

Okay I know I must be lame. Before the Hopper and on every other DVR I have had. There is a place to as example pull up DVR folder for Seinfeld and simply place a check in box next to all episodes I want to delete and then simply choose delete. Verify and then its gone.

On the Hopper I only find I can delete one episode at a time and its slow and a pain. I can not find any other way?

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. pweezil

pweezil L.G.O.E. Supporting Founder

Try going to the DVR screen, then blue button, click the folder you want to delete, green button, then select delete.

3. iceshark

Thanks. However thats the issue. I have done this. However this deletes complete folder. I want to retain some episodes.. I have never seen a DVR menu where you can not simply open that same folder and check 10 of 15 episodes (as example)and then hit delete. .>> This Hopper is an ALL or nothing to delete unless you choose single episode at a time and delete. Thats painful and slow.

4. stimpson

stimpson Miller Lite Tester Pub Member / Supporter

Open the folder, then do the same process to the episodes you want to delete.

5. iceshark

When you go into the main folder the ONLY option you have is to delete one at a time and thats takes forever. THere is no option to check boxes on episodes for a bulk multiple delete..... Unless I am nuts.

6. khemka

khemka Member Pub Member / Supporter

To delete only certain episodes - go to DVR screen - press green button to go to "No Folder" view -
    Now when you press the Blue button you can select episodes of the show you want to delete

7. athek

athek Member

I wish this would be fixed as well, make a little box that you can check next to each event that you would like to delete.

8. iceshark

Thank you! While still not perfect and as the other poster agrees (wish they would make simple check box to bulk delete) this does make a better work around then doing it one at at time...... Add all these nice features and leave out a simple one. Go figure!

9. stimpson

stimpson Miller Lite Tester Pub Member / Supporter

I have folders set up for each family member. I can go into any folder and edit/delete one, or as many items as I want at the same time. Just select each episode you want to delete, and select edit action/delete, and all the checked itesm are gone.