How to find local retailer or get Direct to respond quicker

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ajt

Original poster
Aug 22, 2013
midwest
Hi.
So I had a new roof installed on the house this week a week early due to changing conditions. I figured I'd need my dish realigned and I do. In fact the signal had been getting worse (again) like last year (Directv blamed a bad support leg) so I saw it as kind of good thing to have it done.

With that said I called Direct and they advised they couldnt get someone to my place for the 15 minute realignment for one week. Which I find highly unacceptable.

So what is the best way to find a local service tech in the area I can just pay out of pocket to have it done. Since Direct wants to charge me $50 anyway. I look online and call and they all say we just sell the service. Wondering if theres a site that shows contacts of people that actually come to the house for repairs/adjustments?

Thanks

Welcome to the site!

Look in your local paper or phone book under satellite or TV and see if you find anybody that way.

Hi.
So I had a new roof installed on the house this week a week early due to changing conditions. I figured I'd need my dish realigned and I do. In fact the signal had been getting worse (again) like last year (Directv blamed a bad support leg) so I saw it as kind of good thing to have it done.

With that said I called Direct and they advised they couldnt get someone to my place for the 15 minute realignment for one week. Which I find highly unacceptable.

So what is the best way to find a local service tech in the area I can just pay out of pocket to have it done. Since Direct wants to charge me $50 anyway. I look online and call and they all say we just sell the service. Wondering if theres a site that shows contacts of people that actually come to the house for repairs/adjustments?

Thanks

Unacceptable, yes, but to make you feel better I'm sticking dishes 6-7 days a week from 8 to 8. This is going on nearly nation wide. Sunday ticket does this to us every year

Liquidforce88 I'm located in NW Ohio.

I get that Directv techs are busy. However, I'm not in line asking for new equipment & new dish installs. Only asking for a 10 minute stop (based on two previous stops for this issue) on the way to or from one of the other several jobs for total installs currently done. In fact, I waited since the June time frame until my roof was done to avoid two calls. I needed to call sooner because the last two years my dish gets misaligned each year. The first repair tech said it was due to the first install tech using the wrong support leg. Another Directv tech said the new leg was installed incorrectly. As to why my signal was going weak again this 3rd year before the roof I have no idea.

Liquidforce88 I'm located in NW Ohio.

I get that Directv techs are busy. However, I'm not in line asking for new equipment & new dish installs. Only asking for a 10 minute stop (based on two previous stops for this issue) on the way to or from one of the other several jobs for total installs currently done. In fact, I waited since the June time frame until my roof was done to avoid two calls. I needed to call sooner because the last two years my dish gets misaligned each year. The first repair tech said it was due to the first install tech using the wrong support leg. Another Directv tech said the new leg was installed incorrectly. As to why my signal was going weak again this 3rd year before the roof I have no idea.

There is no way of just among a "10 minute job". You're work order is going to block 68 minutes in the day. I know you don't care but that's why it's so hard to get stuff scheduled. Even though it'd be a quick and easy job directv has no clue. Even telling them won't change the time duration on a job. Try flagging a tech down and offer him some money to swing by and knock it out real fast

Actually I have almost done that very thing. I gave one tech a $45 tip for coming on a rainy day. I told him to blow it off as it was garbage weather. He stayed anyway.

In hindsight if the dish was installed correct the first two times I guess this wouldn't seem as bad, but since two straight years I'm scheduling techs that fix what they blame on a previous tech I'm wondering how (or if) its possible to ask for an experienced tech to really correct it this time?

Since you had a new roof installed...do you think maybe you have not had a good foundation for the dish to be installed on and that's why it has always moved?

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

That could be..... I can't say for sure. Though it wasn't as if the roof was falling in where the dish was. Plus like I said, the last two Direct techs said the install was wrong. I have no idea, I'm just repeating that Direct themselves said it was wrong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)