HOW TO GET 95 WEST Of Direct TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sam_0905

Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
I'm Having Real Hard Time To Get A Signal Fom 95 w For International Channels For Direct Tv.I Tried Every Single Tricks But Birdog Signal Meter.Has Anyone Here An Idea What Need To be Done To Get That Satelite?
Is Height A Problem?I'm Using 36" dish Provided From DTV.Any Tricks,Tips Will Help Me.

I just did one yesterday with my 5 inch black n white tv hooked to my hughes receiver took me about 3 minutes to tune it in. is your the oval or round? I heard the round ones are a pain in the arse. I hit sat 101 and the other came in with it. the 95 sat.

sam_0905 said:
I'm Having Real Hard Time To Get A Signal Fom 95 w For International Channels For Direct Tv.I Tried Every Single Tricks But Birdog Signal Meter.Has Anyone Here An Idea What Need To be Done To Get That Satelite?
Is Height A Problem?I'm Using 36" dish Provided From DTV.Any Tricks,Tips Will Help Me.

I have been working trying to get the same thing in all day using the 36' dish and all i could get was the 101 and when i done the auto conf. it is knocking out the 101 and i have to reset the box.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on here i have the 4x4 muiltswitch that they say you have to have but even running a direct line i still can not get the 95 to come in.

Please HELP

Tyork

The 95 Sat is only avail with the Directv 36" Sat dish - when using a 4x4 MS you must connect the 95 sat lnb via the 18V 22Khz in - your 101 LNB will connect w/2 leads from the dish into the standard 13 & 18V in - also D* does not provide the 36" dish w/out install - where did you get the dish from? - Most installers are able to tune the dish by first finding the 101 then using a digital satellite signal meter to tune to the 95 Sat - also if you have not set the adjustments for your 95 sat LNB correctly you will not get the signal - first check all the dish settings, check your MS connections verify 18V 22khz in - after you have done all these things you will need to tune to the 95 sat - this is very difficult unless you have the correct "birddog" which will actually recognize the sat as 95 sat horizontal band - I doubt you would have this very expensive satellite meter - this will make finding the 95 sat fairly difficult

sam_0905 said:

It's not hard to hit.

If you set you dish correctly if you hit the 101 you should have the 95w.

glowstickgorilla said:
The 95 Sat is only avail with the Directv 36" Sat dish - when using a 4x4 MS you must connect the 95 sat lnb via the 18V 22Khz in - your 101 LNB will connect w/2 leads from the dish into the standard 13 & 18V in -
That only applies if you are doing a single dish installation.

grydlok said:
That only applies if you are doing a single dish installation.
Does anyone have a clue what is going on here i have the 4x4 muiltswitch that they say you have to have but even running a direct line i still can not get the 95 to come in.
Thankyou friend - I am well aware of the other MS options for more than 1 dish setup - in this case this person is using 1 dish and he has the 4x4 switch. If it was as simple as just pointing @ the 101 there wouldn't be a need for the digital meter & less installers would have problems w/this setup - luckily they all seem to be getting alot better - but the fact is the dish setup is difficult and complex - same w/the dish settings - and this setup is always going to be recommended for professional install because this person is just another example of what happens when you try to setup a 95 sat yourself

Do this....after you get the maximize signal of the 101, unplug your receiver for 15 seconds and replug it and start doing your auto-detection. It should work if you get the 101 signal and your dish is fully leveled and set at the right tilt and elevation.

Spade said:
Do this....after you get the maximize signal of the 101, unplug your receiver for 15 seconds and replug it and start doing your auto-detection. It should work if you get the 101 signal and your dish is fully leveled and set at the right tilt and elevation.

Ok i have done this and i still can not get this to come in so what am i doing wrong i have 95 single on 101. CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE.

thanks

Tyork

TYORK said:
Ok i have done this and i still can not get this to come in so what am i doing wrong i have 95 single on 101. CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE.

thanks

Tyork
What is your zip code?. I could tell you what the setting's should be.

To be honest you really should have a signal meter capable of location the 95w.
If you are using the 36" round dish for the 95w you really should have one.
If you are using the newer oval dish for the 95w it really easy since you don't have to peak or rate and lnb.
The IRD that you are using must be able to locate the 95w.
Samsung Sir S300w, RCA 435RH-r(caller ID), Hughes SD-HBH, Phillips DSX5500 D10, D10-200,and D10-300 are the basic ird's that I know will work.
The High def IRd's will recongized the 95w. The D* tivo's(except R10's) will work also but you have to make a force phone call to download the information to get it to work. I have been installing the 95w system since it was offered in my area last year in the fall. Once you do it a few times it you will look back at this and laugh.

grydlok said:
What is your zip code?. I could tell you what the setting's should be.

To be honest you really should have a signal meter capable of location the 95w.
If you are using the 36" round dish for the 95w you really should have one.
If you are using the newer oval dish for the 95w it really easy since you don't have to peak or rate and lnb.
The IRD that you are using must be able to locate the 95w.
Samsung Sir S300w, RCA 435RH-r(caller ID), Hughes SD-HBH, Phillips DSX5500 D10, D10-200,and D10-300 are the basic ird's that I know will work.
The High def IRd's will recongized the 95w. The D* tivo's(except R10's) will work also but you have to make a force phone call to download the information to get it to work. I have been installing the 95w system since it was offered in my area last year in the fall. Once you do it a few times it you will look back at this and laugh.

Hi thanks for you help the zip code 46224 and i am using a d-10 receiver.
what is happening is when i go to do the auto conf. the screen go black after about 20 min. and than it want do anything i loose the 101 and have to unplug it to get the signal back on the 101.

thanks

tyork

TYORK said:
Hi thanks for you help the zip code 46224 and i am using a d-10 receiver.
what is happening is when i go to do the auto conf. the screen go black after about 20 min. and than it want do anything i loose the 101 and have to unplug it to get the signal back on the 101.

thanks

tyork

You look ange should be few degrees to your left of the 101. What type of multiswitch are you using? (ie 4X4, 6X8)

grydlok said:
You look ange should be few degrees to your left of the 101. What type of multiswitch are you using? (ie 4X4, 6X8)

It is the 4x4 i have the 101 on the the first 2 input and the 95 in the 3rd.
Let me ask you this stuiped question does the 101 lmb go on the left of the 95 lmb or the right. maybe this could be my problem this is my first one and it is killing me.

thanks for you help

Tyork

Did you do the skew setting ?? we here in dallas is no need to do the skew setting but other place.

normally, if your skew setting is right, once you get 101 satallite in, 95 should be a O.K. but you need to has the 95 satellite into your receiver memory, , by go to the satellite setting, its a must step once you are in the set up menu. once 95 is in your receiver, you will see the signal bar come out and show the 95 signal quality.

I have a little memory short as I only did dish installation the last few months, totally forgot the DTV products.

Ok guys i got this thing to work there was a problem with the software in the receiver
change to a different receiver and work great. Ain't that a shame i work for hour and all the time the dish was right it was the reciever..

Thanks for all you help

Tyork

TYORK said:
Ok guys i got this thing to work there was a problem with the software in the receiver
change to a different receiver and work great. Ain't that a shame i work for hour and all the time the dish was right it was the reciever..

Thanks for all you help

Tyork

No problem glad we all could help.

did you change to another D10 receiver? I have been wresting with the same issue. When I called Tech. Support, they told me I had the wrong 4x4 switch so I replaced it and had the same results. Got to love TS!

phatnuts said:
I just did one yesterday with my 5 inch black n white tv hooked to my hughes receiver took me about 3 minutes to tune it in. is your the oval or round? I heard the round ones are a pain in the arse. I hit sat 101 and the other came in with it. the 95 sat.[/QUOTE

Are you using an oval dish. Where can I find one and how big is it? does it point to two sats.101 and 95.

Thanks in advance.

I know this is a day late and most likely a dollar short, but the D10 receivers are notorious for not recognizing the 95 locations. They will, but you have to only have one receiver hooked to the satellite input cable at a time plugged in to power. They are a strictly one at a time setup. You can have more than one on a system, but they have to be strictly downloaded one at a time plugged in to the system one at a time.

grydlok said:
It's not hard to hit.
If you set you dish correctly if you hit the 101 you should have the 95w.
i wish that were true.
i get 101 in strong at 90+ but still can't get 95.
with my meter i can detect 95 a little to the right.
This has been a pain in da jazz.
My meter shows signal from 95W lnb. I get another reading from the 95W lnb in the right if I keep moving the dish that way.
But 95 should be close to 101 right?
I get 101. Get a meter reading on the 95, but no channel 497.
Hard boot the ird, Hughes D11-500, autoconfig.
I have 6 by 8 switch by Zinwell. I hook up the 95w IRd to the Flexport 1 input.
Tried the 18V in the 110-119 inputs to.
My zip is 92801, I set the skew to 102, elevation to 50.
I get 101 fine. I can even get the 119 if I aim that way.
My mast is dead straight up.
I tried 46-48 degrees as well.
I cannot get tone from the left when I lock 101. I get strong tone from 95W when I turn the dish to the right of 101.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts