HOW TO GET 95 WEST Of Direct TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Are you sure your meter is seeing 95W? One trick to use is filter the meter input with the TV side of a diplexer and look for signal. The 95 sat has transponders that extend below 950mhz (which is unique) and your meter should only light up on 95 with the diplexer in line.
Bob
pancho villa said:
i wish that were true.
i get 101 in strong at 90+ but still can't get 95.
with my meter i can detect 95 a little to the right.
This has been a pain in da jazz.
My meter shows signal from 95W lnb. I get another reading from the 95W lnb in the right if I keep moving the dish that way.
But 95 should be close to 101 right?
I get 101. Get a meter reading on the 95, but no channel 497.
Hard boot the ird, Hughes D11-500, autoconfig.
I have 6 by 8 switch by Zinwell. I hook up the 95w IRd to the Flexport 1 input.
Tried the 18V in the 110-119 inputs to.
My zip is 92801, I set the skew to 102, elevation to 50.
I get 101 fine. I can even get the 119 if I aim that way.
My mast is dead straight up.
I tried 46-48 degrees as well.
I cannot get tone from the left when I lock 101. I get strong tone from 95W when I turn the dish to the right of 101.

little dish guy said:
Are you sure your meter is seeing 95W? One trick to use is filter the meter input with the TV side of a diplexer and look for signal. The 95 sat has transponders that extend below 950mhz (which is unique) and your meter should only light up on 95 with the diplexer in line.
Bob
I don't have a diplexer.
Can't I just hook up the LNB to the Flexport 1 ( of the 6 by 8 Zinwell switch ), plug the output one to the LNB input of the meter ( SF95 ) then the out of the meter ( REC ) to the receiver?

Yes you can do that if you can get the receiver to output 13v with 22khz tone. If your meter will do 13v with 22khz tone it will select the 95 LNB but either way it won’t be easy to verify 95 without using a diplexer to filter out the 950-1450 signals to the meter. Diplexers are under $10 retail in most places and it will really help you verify 95 using an inexpensive meter. Here in lower CA the filtered 700-950 signals from 95 are plenty strong to feed your meter but if your way up north you don’t have much to work with. If you are using a 66E or other combo 101/95 dish and it’s assembled correctly, the tilt is right and the mast is plumb, you will be on 95 if 101 is dialed in. There could be IRD config problems or if something is broken you will need known good components to swap with and a high end meter or spectrum analyzer to positively ID 95.
Bob
pancho villa said:
I don't have a diplexer.
Can't I just hook up the LNB to the Flexport 1 ( of the 6 by 8 Zinwell switch ), plug the output one to the LNB input of the meter ( SF95 ) then the out of the meter ( REC ) to the receiver?

little dish guy said:
Yes you can do that if you can get the receiver to output 13v with 22khz tone. If your meter will do 13v with 22khz tone it will select the 95 LNB but either way it won’t be easy to verify 95 without using a diplexer to filter out the 950-1450 signals to the meter. Diplexers are under $10 retail in most places and it will really help you verify 95 using an inexpensive meter. Here in lower CA the filtered 700-950 signals from 95 are plenty strong to feed your meter but if your way up north you don’t have much to work with. If you are using a 66E or other combo 101/95 dish and it’s assembled correctly, the tilt is right and the mast is plumb, you will be on 95 if 101 is dialed in. There could be IRD config problems or if something is broken you will need known good components to swap with and a high end meter or spectrum analyzer to positively ID 95.
Bob
Thnx Bob.
I just bought Diplexer, Satellite Splitter-Co.
I plugged in the Input to the LNB, the 5-860MHZ out to the signal meter then to the receiver. I couldn't get tone.
My zip is 92805, I have the skew at 102, elevation at 50 degrees.
I got tone one time without the diplexer but it was a little right of 101 which should be the wrong bird, I think. I get tone from way to the right of 101 as well.
thnx again

What type of dish do you have and do you have the assembly instructions? It kinda sounds like you have the LNB geometry wrong, if that’s possible.
Bob
pancho villa said:
Thnx Bob.
I just bought Diplexer, Satellite Splitter-Co.
I plugged in the Input to the LNB, the 5-860MHZ out to the signal meter then to the receiver. I couldn't get tone.
My zip is 92805, I have the skew at 102, elevation at 50 degrees.
I got tone one time without the diplexer but it was a little right of 101 which should be the wrong bird, I think. I get tone from way to the right of 101 as well.
thnx again

Problem solved.
The Skew and elevation for the oval dish on the IRD's settings is NOT for Intl' channel dish.
DUH!
Just follow the setting on the manual.

HELP: D11 receiver doesn't show Sat 95

I am using a cable directly coming from 95W LNB to the receiver (model D11). The receiver keeps showing 119 and 101 satellites (of course, no signal strength) when I try to see signal strength. No 95W appears in the setup process.

If I see 95W in signal strength meter (receiver satellite setup ), I can fine tune the dish. I don't need to see Sat 101 or any other satellite. Hence, I did not put a multi-switch.

I am using 36 inch dish with only one LNB (95W LNB). I did not connect the other LNB for 101.

Tried hard resets, no luck. Help please.

thanks. i figured out that it won't work without the switch.
Do you know a place which sells these cheaper switches (like the one you mentioned)

no;
find at least cheaper 22 KHz switch: 2 INs 1 OUTs, 101W - no tone input, 95W - with tone (usually #2)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts