How to get 99W G16 channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dobs

Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
Henniker, NH
My Fortec doesn't list this specific bird, but when I usals it to the pre-programmed 99 satellite, blind scan comes up empty. I have a clear shot of 93W - 129W+ and the dish tracks perfectly across that range. This is what I'm particularly interested in (info copied from Lyngsat):

3950 H
tp 13

DVB
12296-?
Conus H
J Hotsenpiller

WVXF-TV (CBS - St. Thomas) 257 258 E
WSJP-LP (CW - Aquadilla) 513 514 E
WPRU-TV (ABC - Aquadilla) 769 770 E
WVGN-LP (NBC - Virgin Islands)10251026 E
WSJX-LP (FOX - Aguadilla)12811282 E

Thanks !!!
Brian

Thank you for this post, I have owned FTA for over a year and have had nothing but problems and disappointment. I was able to follow the direction of the thread and found the channels that I should for G16. On top of that there was a few C-band analog transponders so I knew I had a properly aligned dish to try this. This actually gives me some hope I can figure some of this out. Thanks again for this post.

Thank you for this post, I have owned FTA for over a year and have had nothing but problems and disappointment. I was able to follow the direction of the thread and found the channels that I should for G16. On top of that there was a few C-band analog transponders so I knew I had a properly aligned dish to try this. This actually gives me some hope I can figure some of this out. Thanks again for this post.
Do you have a blindscan capable receiver?, it should find those plus more...

blind scan automatically finds the frequency/polarity/symbol rate without knowing it. It works great in finding those feeds :)

I am almost 100% sure my doesn't do what Iceberg mentioned, so I would say my is auto scan. When I program a satellite it gives me a variety of choice for frequency, but if a station is not in the frequencies offered, when I scan it its not available. I can edit a frequency though to get a channel, but I gather that wouldn't be blind scanning either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts