How to hook up all this??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DarrenS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Hi everyone thankyou for all your help so far. I have a FTA system coming Visionstat IV200 Motorized system, and Channel Master 4228 OTA antenna, I also will have Dishnetwork 625 receiver for dish programing, can i combine any of this so i am not switching TV inputs all the time? like perhaps the IV200 and OTA Antenna?? I will be using 2 TVs in different rooms of the house. Any ideas would help a bunch, thanks

Pretty sure you can combine the OTA signals and fta with the right combination of switches, but you really want to leave the dishnetwork stuff separated. A 3x4 multiswitch will let you send the OTA signal in with the fta, may need a splitter to sep the ota signal out at each tv. Hopefully somebody who has done this can correct me here, or add to the comments. I left my OTA from my 4228 on a sep coax because I am using an antenna amp on it. That antenna is a good choice too....

Ok thankyou turbosat, I just want to have everything i need for this weekend so if i have to buy online i will need to order today.

Last edited:
Turbosat i have a 4x1 switch coming included in my FTA package should this be enough then?

Kinda hard to give any specific advice without knowing what you have and what you'd like to accomplish.
How many video inputs and what types of inputs on each TV set?
Can you run composite video, S-video, or component to the 2nd room?
Did you want to use a diplexer to bring in your FTA signal on the same cable as your TV antenna?
... and send it where?

I remember on my first system, I made up an elaborate wiring diagram to hook everything up.
Then, when I got everything going (in small steps), I totally abandoned my grand plan. - :cool:

Sometimes just adding a new DVD recorder can cause a major upset in how things all get wired.
It did for me last summer.

There's no ONE right way, but some might be easier than others.
I like to have plenty of A/V cables of all types on hand, just in case I get inspired. - :D

If they are sending a switch with a package deal fta setup, its prob a diseqc switch, that would be typically 4 inputs, 1 output to receiver. (multiple lnbf systems, or more than one dish). I don't think that would be interchangeable for a 3x4 multi-switch. They can be found, though. I've seen 'em in building supply stores in the cable section but priced stupidly expensive there lol.

Kinda hard to give any specific advice without knowing what you have and what you'd like to accomplish.
How many video inputs and what types of inputs on each TV set?
Can you run composite video, S-video, or component to the 2nd room?
Did you want to use a diplexer to bring in your FTA signal on the same cable as your TV antenna?
... and send it where?

I remember on my first system, I made up an elaborate wiring diagram to hook everything up.
Then, when I got everything going (in small steps), I totally abandoned my grand plan. - :cool:

Sometimes just adding a new DVD recorder can cause a major upset in how things all get wired.
It did for me last summer.

There's no ONE right way, but some might be easier than others.
I like to have plenty of A/V cables of all types on hand, just in case I get inspired. - :D
... and send it where?

Yes, and the only place would be FTA receiver right? the second room is only wired for RG6 cable and that room wont be getting FTA channels untill i get another receiver, but i would like to send the local channels from OTA anttena to the second room,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fight Sioux Sports Network (UND Hockey) on FTA next season?

Receiver Loop Out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)