how to hookup dishonline to a wireless internet

dlh1435

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
I have a wireless internet and want to hookup dishonline.how can you do it if your router is downstairs?

I could not do it wirelessly, but if you have a 622 or a 722 (maybe others) and have an extra wired port on your wireless router then get a Homeplug for about $20. Plug it into the wall (will not work with most surge protectors), plug an ethernet cable into it from your router and then plug your dish receiver into the wall and you should be all set. I have two receivers set up this way (1 Homeplug) and it works great.
homeplug, Networking, Computers Networking items on eBay.com

You can use any wireless Bridge or Game adapter. Most Buffalo Wireless routers have a Router/Bridge switch on them to allow Wired to Wireless bridging.

I could not do it wirelessly, but if you have a 622 or a 722 (maybe others) and have an extra wired port on your wireless router then get a Homeplug for about $20. Plug it into the wall (will not work with most surge protectors), plug an ethernet cable into it from your router and then plug your dish receiver into the wall and you should be all set. I have two receivers set up this way (1 Homeplug) and it works great.
homeplug, Networking, Computers Networking items on eBay.com

Yep, this is the quickest and easiest way to connect your receiver to your router.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)