How To Use Your Voom Dish With Dish Network..

a&m 350z

May 18, 2004
Wait so does the Voom LNB work with the Dish 811 or not? Some seem to indicate so as long as you us a sw21 or other switch. What about the polarity issue mentioned by johnalan?

ChrisDuncan

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 16, 2005
It sounds like if they're going to install a new dish for the 110/119 satellite it will be new so the lnb is DishPro. In that case they'll have to change out the Voom lnb since it's a Legacy lnb.

But if you had an older Dish500 for 110/119 with a Legacy lnb then you could continue using your Voom (Legacy) dish with a sw21.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
a&m 350z said:
Wait so does the Voom LNB work with the Dish 811 or not? Some seem to indicate so as long as you us a sw21 or other switch. What about the polarity issue mentioned by johnalan?

All new installs to Dish Network are DishPro...the Voom setup wouldn't work for 2 reasons
-the LNB for Voom is Legacy
-The LNB is square mount to the dish, Dish is "D" style

If you have an old setup, you can use the Voom setup combining them with a SW21

a&m 350z

May 18, 2004
Is there any advantage of the newer Lnbs over the legacy? I could easily find an old dish500 lnb and that would allow me to save the $100 Dish is trying to charge. Or should I just bite the bullet and pay?

Thanks for the help

philhu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Well, I for one, cannot see 110 due to trees. I want to order Voom HD, and No-AT pack.

I was told I neede to order Voom-hd, HD pack (even though I can't use it), and a NON-AT $5 charge.

That is all fine.

But since I ONLY want and can get 61.5, i do not need a 2 dish setup or an installer.

I just got an 811, new and will call to activate it

ChrisDuncan

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 16, 2005
You know, I still think it's a good deal getting 10 HD channels for $20 like you would if you just have a dish pointed at 61.5. If they expand to all 21 channels then it becomes a great deal (even if they raised the price another $5).

I never watched the SD channels anyway.

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
that's the wrong one. You only need a single lnb, that only has 1 circle and much smaller

kevcar0603

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 25, 2005
BFG said:
that's the wrong one. You only need a single lnb, that only has 1 circle and much smaller

If you can find a link to the one I need it would be greatly appreciated.
Just got Dish today. It has the Dish Pro.

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
Please clear up this matter for us. Do I need to have 2 dishes in order to get DISH & the VOOM channels? Or can I just use my VOOM dish with the above mentioned modifications?

kevcar0603

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 25, 2005
BFG said:
Whoops sorry. here's one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5771226832&ssPageName=ADME:B:BN:US:1

I didn't post any links because I was busy trying to bid on one myself but didn't want you to out bid me muwahaha :D

Hey no problem. Thanks for the link. I read elsewhere that I can get a dual DP with an adapter from Dishstore and make slight modifications to get it to work. I think I will try that because if it doesn't work I can just sell it. I really want those channels. My installer tried to get it to work but obviously it didn't. He even gave me a DP44 for free(I only got 3 receivers installed)!

pipman

Aug 13, 2004
DirecTV multiswitch with Dish Network?

Does the Eagle Aspen 5x8 Multiswitch (S-4180-GX+) work with Dish Network at all? I've been using this multiswitch with Voom (and DirecTV in the past), but now I think I'm going to goto Dish now. Do you know if it will work?

Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts