HR 20 Volumne

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chily3

Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
Wondring if Drirectv or the receiver is at fault.

Seems the volumne does not stay constant. It fluctuates from very low to really loud during the show and of course on network for the commers.

You would thin that Diretv could control the feed to us off the satelitte.

I am optical wired to the "stereo receiver"

mike

Movies and dramatic TV shows are often intended to have large differences in sound volume from scene to scene--"dynamic range" is the term.

While it is sometimes inconvenient to have these jumps in level, I would not want D* to take it upon themselves to alter it, with no way to restore it to what was originally intended.

Movies and dramatic TV shows are often intended to have large differences in sound volume from scene to scene--"dynamic range" is the term.

While it is sometimes inconvenient to have these jumps in level, I would not want D* to take it upon themselves to alter it, with no way to restore it to what was originally intended.

Also, commercials are normally louder, by design.
What your hearing is a Network and individual channel issue, not D*

Jimbo

I don't know guys....I have complained to DTv about the volume level on several HBO channels...507 always seems too high to me...I watch TV late at night when my wife is asleep and it is really annoying when the volume level S P I K E S when I am channel surfing...

Bill

when surfing

I don't know guys....I have complained to DTv about the volume level on several HBO channels...507 always seems too high to me...I watch TV late at night when my wife is asleep and it is really annoying when the volume level S P I K E S when I am channel surfing...

Bill

When surfing I think the volumne should be same for each channel. AND it is not. I understand the high lows for effect but just plain higher than the channel next to it is annoying.

mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)