Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Scott Greczkowski said:
Another way to get it is give Robert from Value Electronics a call, I hear he is getting a big shipment tomorrow.

Remember to tell him that your a SatelliteGuys member when you call. :)

I haven't seen him around lately, is he still here ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Scott Greczkowski said:
The HR34 however is a big thumbs up from me!
Do you have a HR34 yet Scott? Just wondering if you had a first hand users opinion yet.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Yeah I will have to call my retailer friend and see if he got any of these in stock yet.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Nope I don't have one and won't have one but have been getting status updates and info about it over the past year. Everything I have heard about it sounds fantastic. I do hope I get to play with on soon though. :)

mleland

SatelliteGuys Family
May 16, 2004
Lake Almanor, CA
Does the guide data count as a tuner? Say you have a SWM-8, do you really only have 7 tuners or do you still have 8?

Is the SWM just the green splitter? I have one in the garage with 8 ports on it. Currently I have:
HR24 (2 tuners)
H24 (1 tuner)
H21 (1 tuner)

I guess if I were to replace the HR24, I would be ok for sure.

Oh I also have the DECA ICK. Does that count as a tuner? I originally didn't think so since it's in 400 MHz range, not frequency stacked in 900-2100 range.

So you currently have 4 tuners and replacing the HR24 with an HR34 would take you up to 7 total tuners. You should be fine.

skew

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 24, 2008
Just got my hr34 and 3-h25 receivers installed :first: IT ROCKS!! Now Dtv Finally has some equipment to compete with. When the new GUI comes out I may never leave the house.

SA Holly Springs GA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 10, 2010
In the woods
cypherstream said:
Does the guide data count as a tuner? Say you have a SWM-8, do you really only have 7 tuners or do you still have 8?

Is the SWM just the green splitter? I have one in the garage with 8 ports on it. Currently I have:
HR24 (2 tuners)
H24 (1 tuner)
H21 (1 tuner)

I guess if I were to replace the HR24, I would be ok for sure.

Oh I also have the DECA ICK. Does that count as a tuner? I originally didn't think so since it's in 400 MHz range, not frequency stacked in 900-2100 range.

Hr34- 5 tuners
HR24 2 tuners
H24 - 1 tuner
R16 - 2 tuners
D12 - 1 tuner
Ick- 0 tuners

Swm 8 - 8 tuners
Swm16- 16 tuners

Don't get confused by the splitter. Just bc you have a 2 way splitter, that doesn't limit you to 2 tuners. You can have a 2way swm splitter running an hr34 and an hr24.

In you replace your 24 with a 34 then yes you would ok.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
skew said:
Just got my hr34 and 3-h25 receivers installed :first: IT ROCKS!! Now Dtv Finally has some equipment to compete with. When the new GUI comes out I may never leave the house.

Good to hear, I must admit I think the GUI is a great update, much more professional look. Like the PIP option in the hr34. 300 is a bit steep right now but maybe after the holiday, plus I don't think it's in the Detroit area right now

Though the HR24's I have now are great units as well!!

TDK1044 said:
Purchasing the HR34 as a stand alone device that can feed other rooms in the house is great....in fact that's what it's designed for, but those wanting to replace an existing DVR in a Whole Home DVR Network with an HR34 had better work out how many connections their SWM has, because in many cases people are going to have to get a bigger SWM in order to acommodate this DVR.

If u order will D* install and upgrade swm 8 to swm 16 if needed?? U think they will charge for swm16?

SA Holly Springs GA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 10, 2010
In the woods
steinhouse10874 said:
If u order will D* install and upgrade swm 8 to swm 16 if needed?? U think they will charge for swm16?

Thats a good question. We buy the swm16 from dsi for around 200 but you can get online for around 100. Thats a couple bucks that will have to be waived. IMO it would be easier for a new customer rather than an existing.

Only one way to find out. Let us know

Drucifer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 22, 2005
NY Hudson Valley
All you need to do to get a SWiM-16 install from DirecTV for a service charge of $49.99 is go beyond eight tuners. And if you been a good customer for a few years, you'll probably get a credit back.

Last edited:

Hutch1814

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 18, 2011
Indiana
Druzifer said:
All you need to do to get a SWiM-16 install from DirecTV for $49.99 is go beyond eight tuners. And if you been a good customer for a few years, you'll probably get a credit back.

I've never heard of Directv charging somebody for a swm16 or swm8. If what you order doesn't work on a normal switch it adds the larger switch automatically. If this is the case there are a lot of people in my area with bills for a swm16!

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
There's no charge for the equipment. It's a service charge for installing for those that get receivers from a non-DirecTV source.

Your talking just the switch/splitter here, right ....
I hope they don't charge that much to go in and replace one splitter for another.

Hutch1814

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 18, 2011
Indiana
Jimbo said:
Your talking just the switch/splitter here, right ....
I hope they don't charge that much to go in and replace one splitter for another.

You and I know it's not swap 1 for another, 3 more lines have to be brought from the dish, a new power inserter a new LNB, 2 new 8-way SWM splitters and more then likely you'll need to run a line for the power inserter to be only on the line by itself

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts