Please reply by conversation.

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
Hey guys, this one is new to me but...

I have an HR10-250 in my living room, but as of the past few months it has started to develop 2 weird issues, if I dont reboot the thing once a week it will soon after a week is up freeze and become unresponsive to remote and hard buttons, a pull power is required, thats issue 1

Issue 2 is that even with rebooting it once a week it will sometimes reboot itself, itll act as if the signal is getting poor (pixelate) a few times then bam its rebooted itself. I dont know if it does it while im not here but it has done it while recording and not recording, sat and ota.

none of my other receivers are having issues i have an older DirecTivo in the bedroom and a R10 in the office, neither of which has had any issues.

The hard drive may be going on the unit. A perfectly good unit that works for years may start to develop issues on the drive. The Linux OS is self regulating as it will fix bad clusters but once one starts to go, its downhill from there. So the unit may still be good but if you want to keep it, a new hard drive may be in order. You can get those at PTVUpgrade. You can also buy off the shelf drives but you have to configure it to work with HR10.

http://www.dvrupgrade.com/dvr/store...e=Model&page=cat&CFID=176498&CFTOKEN=77297127

Or call D* and get a replacement unit for free. Call D* and ask for retention department and let them know about the unit going. You can then get a free HR20 and maybe some programming credits. They wont replace your HR10 unless you push it and those are usually exceptions and refurbished ones.

The hard drive may be going on the unit. A perfectly good unit that works for years may start to develop issues on the drive. The Linux OS is self regulating as it will fix bad clusters but once one starts to go, its downhill from there. So the unit may still be good but if you want to keep it, a new hard drive may be in order. You can get those at PTVUpgrade. You can also buy off the shelf drives but you have to configure it to work with HR10.

http://www.dvrupgrade.com/dvr/store...e=Model&page=cat&CFID=176498&CFTOKEN=77297127

Or call D* and get a replacement unit for free. Call D* and ask for retention department and let them know about the unit going. You can then get a free HR20 and maybe some programming credits. They wont replace your HR10 unless you push it and those are usually exceptions and refurbished ones.

I have the protection plan, im a warranty nut, dont know why.

Bad Drives I can troubleshoot.

thanks

Which software version do you have? The latest is 6.3d. And did you experience issues after getting the software? Mine periodically knocks out tuner 2. A reboot is all it takes.

Other things you can try is a complete clear out of the unit. You loose preferences, recordings and season passes but if you are going to replace the unit, you lose those too. I've seen others do a complete clear and it brings the unit back to a good place.

Which software version do you have? The latest is 6.3d. And did you experience issues after getting the software? Mine periodically knocks out tuner 2. A reboot is all it takes.

Other things you can try is a complete clear out of the unit. You loose preferences, recordings and season passes but if you are going to replace the unit, you lose those too. I've seen others do a complete clear and it brings the unit back to a good place.

6.3d

God Ide hate to re-enter all those darn season passes, but i will probably do a clear this weekend just in case. I guess theoreticly the database on it could be getting too big, but the others would probably have the same issue.

And no i didnt experience this behavior right after the update it was pretty solid until about a month or so ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)