HR20-700 Chicago Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stec_HDTV

Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
Sorry if the answer is already out there...
I'm planning on getting the HR20-700 and AT9 dish after the first of the year. I know that the 5 LNB dish should be able to give me the networks, but what about other locals in HD; WCIU, WTTW, WGN, etc. Do I need to use a OTA HD antenna to receive these? Thanks...:D GO BEARS!

Stec_HDTV said:
Sorry if the answer is already out there...
I'm planning on getting the HR20-700 and AT9 dish after the first of the year. I know that the 5 LNB dish should be able to give me the networks, but what about other locals in HD; WCIU, WTTW, WGN, etc. Do I need to use a OTA HD antenna to receive these? Thanks...:D GO BEARS!

Yes, you will, once they do the upgrade to the box to enable the OTA tuners in it, until then you won't be able to receive those stations on the HR20. D* is only saying that they will be enabled by the end of the year.

I am in the chicago area and have the hr20-700
Only local HD's over sat right now are 2,5,7,32

SonicGT said:
I am in the chicago area and have the hr20-700
Only local HD's over sat right now are 2,5,7,32

SonicGT are you have problems with channel 7(ABC)? I just got the HR20 and 5LNB Dish installed last Tuesday and I've noticed that channel has little pieces of audio missing from time to time. It has also frozen for about 15 seconds during Lost.:mad:

atc89 said:
SonicGT are you have problems with channel 7(ABC)? I just got the HR20 and 5LNB Dish installed last Tuesday and I've noticed that channel has little pieces of audio missing from time to time. It has also frozen for about 15 seconds during Lost.:mad:

Its a problem on directv end... they might of have a little small antenna at the Local Receive site where they gather the OTA signal and uplink it to the satellites...
:rolleyes:

The only problems I have had so far I've attributed to the new DVR since It's getting firmware updates almost weekly now, LOL
I used to get some audio drop when I first got it regardless of HD Channel. Haven't noticed anything specific to 7, althought he locals do tend to pixilate a bit more frequently than the 70's channels. It hasn't been that much though, overall its better than I expected reading all the negatives on the boards and such

Status
Please reply by conversation.