HR20 came with RC23 remote?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kanderna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Hi all,

I've done a ton of reading here and at DBS, and I think I've come to the conclusion that I've received the wrong remote.

I had an HR10 that fritzed out on me, but it was still under warranty. D* "upgraded" me :( to the HR20 (a reconditioned HR20 mind you). Anyway, I was attempting to set the remote to RF and it just wasn't working. I noticed it was an RC23, which most of you know is not RF capable. From what I've read, I'm pretty sure the HR20 was supposed to come with the RC24 remote.

Since I can't find any specs in the manual that specifically states which remote I should have, am I going to run into issues if I call them to get the correct remote?

Thanks!

There have been talks that Directv plans on making the RF capable remotes a special order option only, and that in the future all receivers will come with only IR remotes. This may be the first step, and you may have gotten exactly what they intended for you to get.

It doesn't hurt to call and ask of course, but it is quite possible they will decide that you must purchase the RF remote. I think it is $24.99.

That's a bummer. I'll give a call to see if there's anything they can do, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

There have been talks that Directv plans on making the RF capable remotes a special order option only, and that in the future all receivers will come with only IR remotes. This may be the first step, and you may have gotten exactly what they intended for you to get.

It doesn't hurt to call and ask of course, but it is quite possible they will decide that you must purchase the RF remote. I think it is $24.99.

You can (IF you have to) buy them at CC and or BB for $20-25 dollars (RC24), however as you mentioned, D* may be starting thier change over with the remotes. The issue would be, are the boxes coming without the RF receiver, or are they still there, Has D* turned them off ?, Can they ? I know the local Cable company use to do that with infered remotes and charge for the access to use the remote.
Who's gonna turn down the cost of the remote access ?

Jimbo

DIRECTV said that only 5% of their customers were using the RF feature, so why waste the money on RF remotes when the majority do not use them?

The remotes that support RF are the RC24, RC34, and RC32RF.

You can get a RC32RF from DIRECTV for $25. It's also backlit. The other 2 are no longer available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts