hr20 ota new local channel update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FUCCO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
I have the hr20 with a ota antenna plugged in. Recently wgrz (nbc) launched a third channel (2-3) which carries RTN network. My hr20 does not download this channel yet. What is the time frame i should expect before directv catches up and downloads this into my reciever. I tried redownloading the local ota channels but no luck. I know the channel is alive and well because i pick it up on 2 different tv's with atsc tuners. thanks

I have the hr20 with a ota antenna plugged in. Recently wgrz (nbc) launched a third channel (2-3) which carries RTN network. My hr20 does not download this channel yet. What is the time frame i should expect before directv catches up and downloads this into my reciever. I tried redownloading the local ota channels but no luck. I know the channel is alive and well because i pick it up on 2 different tv's with atsc tuners. thanks

Give them a week I would guess.

this is a ota channel. It is not provided my directv satellite.

this is a ota channel. It is not provided my directv satellite.

We understand that but the guide data, and the fact to actually tune it in, is in the data provided to D* by Tribune Media (who also runs the Zap2it.com site).

Stations report their channels, and sub-channels to Tribune. Tribune compiles that data and provides it to carriers (DirecTV). D* adds it to their database and the OTA tuners will then be able to look and find the station. Even if your OTA signal is strong, the D* units will not pull it in if it is not in the guide data for your area (DMA).
Unless you have on of the scanning capable H20s, you have to wait until the data is updated, providing that your station did report it to Tribune.

You could email the station engineer and ask if they did report it. If so, you will have to wait until it makes it thru the system. When you see it on Zap2it, it should be on D* within a couple of days. I've had to do this for a couple of subs myself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts