HR20 Remote on/off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DavidsonDuke

Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
One simple question. I have my HR20 remote working just like I want it, the volume controls HT receiver, the remote can control the TV, the HT receiver, the DVD player.

On our standard D* system downstairs the On/off buttons control the TV and the receiver. On the HR20 I need to slide the selector and then press the power button twice to turn the TV/ HT receiver / DVD player either on or off. Is there a way for the on/off button to turn on/off more than the HR20?

Thanks so much.

Its upto the code you use if the TV/DVR ON & OFF keys will work both the tv and dvr. But you can not control the Aud receiver with these keys. You have to use the middle power key in the aud rec device.

So what code do I use to make TV and Dish receiver turn off/on? For some reason, it doesn't work for me.

Its depends on the tv code if it maps commands to the Tv on & off keys. But many many tv codes from major brands do not. and in that case you're out of luck.

Okay. It's not the biggest deal in the world. Just seems odd that the remote controls the TV when the slider is changed to TV, but the the TV/DTV on/off switch won't control the TV.

I need a second button push to turn off the TV. [D* & TV Power - OFF] first press turns off the STB, [D* & TV Power - OFF] again then turns off the TV. Then slide to AV1 and [PWR] turns off the A/V Recv'r.

I need a second button push to turn off the TV. [D* & TV Power - OFF] first press turns off the STB, [D* & TV Power - OFF] again then turns off the TV. Then slide to AV1 and [PWR] turns off the A/V Recv'r.
I too have this same problem, I have too push the off button twice to get the tv to turn off.

Okay. It's not the biggest deal in the world. Just seems odd that the remote controls the TV when the slider is changed to TV, but the the TV/DTV on/off switch won't control the TV.

Take a look and see if there are any other codes listed for your set up.
Chances are you may have quit trying once you found a code to turn the unit on/off, try another and you may find out that it does more than the previous one.

jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)