HR22 - Missed recording NBA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Michigan Czar

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Hi, I have an HR22 and about 25% of the time when I schedule an NBA League Pass game it doesn't record it. Please help, any suggestions as to why? I made a note the last couple times and the channel didn't change that the game was scheduled on yet it just didn't record it.

Michigan Czar,
Welcome to the site !

When you look to record the program are you finding the program in the guide and hitting record, such as "Your Game is at 9pm" and your setting it up say a day earlier or even earlier in the day. Make sure you are advancing the guide to the correct time and then Record.
I'm not explaining this very well, it's probably recording a blank screen.
OK, I got an example.
Say you want to record the NFL game for next week, you go to the guide find the game and hit Record. This WILL NOT work... You need to move the guide to the actual TIME of the game, advance the guide to Sunday at 1 pm and find the game that way, then hit record.
I don't know if that pertains to what you may be doing or not ... But I know if you try to record the game without going to the actual game time it will record a blank picture at the time you actually hit the record for.

Hope this helps.

Jimbo

The last two times I caught it as I have been watching for it and set it to record that afternoon and it recorded. When I go in to the history it shows two line items and says recorded. I am going to test again with one tomorrow that I do not care about and see what happens if I don't add it to the list.

I now noticed my Friday Night Lights recorded Wednesday night but it was an hour of black screen. Nice dvr!

Or is it an operator problem? No the DVR isn't perfect but many times new operators have to learn the correct methods.

Jimbo,

Yes, I am advancing the guide to the proper time to record it. I even double check it and then it stays there until the morning of it mysteriously disappears. Very strange and now like I said Friday Night Lights was black screen Wednesday night. Too bad I just put it on as it is too late to catch a replay of this past weeks episode.

Thanks,

Jim

Or is it an operator problem? No the DVR isn't perfect but many times new operators have to learn the correct methods.

I have had directv since 2000 and I have an R15 & R16 and I have had the NBA League Pass since 2000 and I have not once had an issue until this season. I recently got the HR22 but all the menus, etc. are the same as the others so I don't believe I am making a mistake. Especially after it happened a couple times I have been very careful, double and triple checking to make sure it is set.

Like I said the most recent time it happened I looked and the history shows the same game twice and says recorded. So it is like it knew it was asked to record twice but dropped it once.

Jimbo,

Yes, I am advancing the guide to the proper time to record it. I even double check it and then it stays there until the morning of it mysteriously disappears. Very strange and now like I said Friday Night Lights was black screen Wednesday night. Too bad I just put it on as it is too late to catch a replay of this past weeks episode.

Thanks,

Jim
The Friday Night Lights issue was caused by some changes in the guide data. If you delete your series link and then set up a new one it will solve the problem.

The Friday Night Lights issue was caused by some changes in the guide data. If you delete your series link and then set up a new one it will solve the problem.

Thanks, I will do that. I also have reset the receiver and I seem to be having success in recording NBA League Pass. No missed games since the reset.

Status
Please reply by conversation.