HR24 Availability

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Supershooters

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Anyone have insight as to whether the HSP's are installing the HR24/H24's on a regular basis now?

Mostly, but we just got a hand full of refurb HR22 and even HR20 the other day.

Different areas could be different.
We usually will run the refurbs on upgrades and HR24's on new installs.
But sometimes a new customer will get a refurb and sometimes an upgrade will get the 24 depending on availability.

No matter what, you roll the dice unless you go to a retailer.

If its a new install and you order MRV you are assured of getting HR and H24s in these parts. If you an upgrade to MRV your MRV compatible receivers will be fitted with receiver DECAS and green labled SWM equip will be installed. Haven't seen refurbs of any kind in quite some time. Good riddance. On movers connects we are replacing all H20s with H24s. Getting more and more upgrades swapping out std receivers w/24s and installing KA/KU dishes as locals on 72.5 will soon be a thing of the past here.

If its a new install and you order MRV you are assured of getting HR and H24s in these parts. If you an upgrade to MRV your MRV compatible receivers will be fitted with receiver DECAS and green labled SWM equip will be installed. Haven't seen refurbs of any kind in quite some time. Good riddance. On movers connects we are replacing all H20s with H24s. Getting more and more upgrades swapping out std receivers w/24s and installing KA/KU dishes as locals on 72.5 will soon be a thing of the past here.

See, I am only a couple hours away and it is not like that here.

We get back charged for equipment that sits in our warehouse more then 15 days so it is first in/first out.
Certainly, if I have an HR24 and a refurb in my truck and one install and upgrade, I will use the new on the new install first.

Although we have had all 24 series for a while, we currently as of today only have refurbs (I snagged the last 2 HR24'S this morning).
However, we go through HD/DVR's so fast, in another day or two, we could be back to all HR24's.

I had D* installed through The Dish Store, who I guess contracts with Mastek in my area. They stated anyone that orders MRV will get the 24 series boxes. And that was back in September.

Mostly have only seen HR24's since they came out. There was a time right around thanks giving that we got a crap load of HR20's, and just a couple HR22's. But I have not seen anything other than the HR24 this year.

I had D* installed through The Dish Store, who I guess contracts with Mastek in my area. They stated anyone that orders MRV will get the 24 series boxes. And that was back in September.

That is because sales people will tell you anything.
I am a sub contractor for Mastec and we are under no instructions of what receivers to use.

Mostly have only seen HR24's since they came out. There was a time right around thanks giving that we got a crap load of HR20's, and just a couple HR22's. But I have not seen anything other than the HR24 this year.

That crap load was due to a the manufacturer that makes the HR24 forgot to put a part in a crap load of new HR24's backing the production way up.
Mostly what we will see hopefully will be 24's from this point on. However, we will still see the an occasional push on refurbs.
We even just got a few HR20's in our shop (along with 22's and 23's).

That is because sales people will tell you anything.
I am a sub contractor for Mastec and we are under no instructions of what receivers to use.

Sales person had no idea what an HR24 was. These were the installers. And I don't care what they tell people, as long as I got what I wanted and it works correctly.

We had an install yesterday and the first thing I asked about was the hr24. The installer said that that was the only series of receivers that they used on new installs in our area. I was very pleased with the install.

Glad, I hope that eventually we get the same directive to only use 24's on new installs in my area.

Unfortunately that is not the case yet for us.
Mastec supposedly gets charged back for "aged equipment" and if it sits in our warehouse for over 14 days we get back charged.
Considering that lately we have been getting a lot of other HD/DVR's then it is first in/first out.
We did however just get another handful of 24's again so once the others are gone it will be back to 24's.

Got the word yesterday that the refurbed H20s are on the way back to be used on upgrades. I think these will be the receiver of choice when upgrading to HD those folks who will be transitioned from the 72.5. I believe DTV's decision to do so is based on reducing the substantial cost of this transition as it will be done at no cost to the customers. I see MRV specific upgrades and upgrades to Cinema plus getting 24s on new outlets and as done in the past adding receiver Decas to the receivers that can be made MRV capable. Not having the ability to hide HD channels on the H20s really sucks as lots of those folks still using 2 dishes for clunker TVs won't be opting for HD programming that is of no value to them. The big transition push is supposed to start in April-May I'm told. Not looking fwd to that many upgrades. Amt of time allotted by DTV for those is too short IMO. Swapping receivers-installing RF mods(no coax out)-building a dish in a location that may be different for LOS and the extra cabeling involved..these will be 3lnb/no SWM-replacing all outside fittings-switch changes-grounding those that aren't to bring up to standards-customer educ. Going to be a rough summer.

We keep DOA'ing the H20's (not HR20's)

I got on a job that we were instructed to use the 20's on and it wouldn't close out.
I had to go back and replace it because of that (for free of course).
Pissed my supervisor off enough that he sends them back when he gets them.

I am very fortunate to have a good support system with my supervisors both with my company and my HSP.

We went through the same...not being able to close jobs. It was with the last few we got. Hopefully that has been ironed out before this next run we get. Don't need the hassle

We have been getting a bunch of them lately but I am glad they keep DOA'ing those POS's.

Honestly there is absolutely NO reason D* should refurb these out dated receivers.
The HR/H20, R15, and D11 should all be discontinued opening the door for total SWM installs.
(I know some here love their HR20's)

I also love the R16 but why they did not make this receiver MRV and VOD compatible is beyond me as MRV and VOD was in the works long before the R16.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)