Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishpointer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 10, 2005
Kansas
I've only had D for about 1 month and the hard drive in my HR24 died. I had a 1TB external eSATA that I am using and it works great but I want input from you guys whether I should keep it or roll the dice and call D for a replacement. I normally would call for a replacement but am scared that they will send me an older model receiver. What would you do?

IF you have a HR24 now, they will replace it with a HR24, at least thats been thier policy to replace with like product.

I would call and get one out to you right away.

IF you have a HR24 now, they will replace it with a HR24, at least thats been thier policy to replace with like product.

I would call and get one out to you right away.

When one of mine went out a couple of weeks ago, they said that I would probably get an HR22 or 23 but not a 24 since they are running low. I had to spend many hours going up the management chain to get another HR24 replacement.

I would just keep it since you are using an external drive anyway. Then when you are ready to switch it out, the HR25 will be out ;)

When one of mine went out a couple of weeks ago, they said that I would probably get an HR22 or 23 but not a 24 since they are running low. I had to spend many hours going up the management chain to get another HR24 replacement.

I would just keep it since you are using an external drive anyway. Then when you are ready to switch it out, the HR25 will be out ;)

Well, thats DISCOURAGING News, they use to always replace with the same thing.

Ive seen more than one post on the shortage, and I think they are trying to hold them for new MRV installs and replacements. I'd just wait a few months and then have it replaced.

Thanks for the tips guys and my hunch was correct. I am too nervous about calling in and getting a lower model replacement and being disappointed. I know there is a shortage of receivers that's why I hooked up the external HD. I guess I will just keep it and see how things go.

Thanks for the tips guys and my hunch was correct. I am too nervous about calling in and getting a lower model replacement and being disappointed. I know there is a shortage of receivers that's why I hooked up the external HD. I guess I will just keep it and see how things go.

I would see if they will contact you with your installer and ask them if they have any in stock.
Sometimes, thats all they have, other times not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts