Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Need some advice.
Heres some background.
I have a HR24 in the Motor home ...
I use to have the recvr in a cabinet right next to the TV, TV's are in the middle above the Driver/passenger seats in most MH's.
The recvr would over heat in the cabinet so several years ago I moved the recvr to the basement, outside storage under the main floor. Everything worked great, put the recvr/remote in RF mode and was good to go ... this has worked for majority of the time, sometime the remote is a bit finicky and wont get the signal, so you have to change the channel or whatever you were doing again, needing to find the right spot for the signal to get to the recvr.
Flooring is just plywood.
Anyways, I have replaced batteries numerous times, it still acts up, I suppose thats just the nature of the set up.

Ok guys, the OLDER recvrs use to have a external RF antenna, newer ones do not.

Is there any suggestions for my situation, I would love be able to move a line into the main cabin and connect to the HR24 somehow, but I don't think thats an option.

Any solutions guys ?

Any way to boost the RF signal ?

What about going back to IR and using an extender of some sort for that?
I was thinking about that, but have never had much luck with them ...it would have to be something small but it might work.

Any ideas on what ones to look into ?

the H25's dont need the dongle, but you can use them to boost the range. maybe you can do the same with the hr24?

I was thinking about that, but have never had much luck with them ...it would have to be something small but it might work.

Any ideas on what ones to look into ?

Monoprice has one that is pretty small and around $20 as I recall. Works very well.

I got the same exact issue. Going to try to use 2 small antennas with an RF amplifier.
Have you come up with something that works well yet ?

I was looking at this today and one other I cant seem to find, but didn't really want to spend $100 on it.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nextgen-genius-remote-extender/2908034.p?id=1218362590793&skuId=2908034

Like to find something for say $40

I would prefer something the size of the blaster to put in the room needed to transmit.

Have you come up with something that works well yet ?

I was looking at this today and one other I cant seem to find, but didn't really want to spend $100 on it.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nextgen-genius-remote-extender/2908034.p?id=1218362590793&skuId=2908034

Like to find something for say $40

I would prefer something the size of the blaster to put in the room needed to transmit.

I'll know in a few days.

I got a bar we are trying this at. I'm making my technician run the wire from the main area to the basement, as he was the lazy one who wanted to use the existing wiring that was home ran to the basement for conponent video instead of putting the receivers behind the Tv's as I had written on the work order

I'll know in a few days.

I got a bar we are trying this at. I'm making my technician run the wire from the main area to the basement, as he was the lazy one who wanted to use the existing wiring that was home ran to the basement for conponent video instead of putting the receivers behind the Tv's as I had written on the work order
:biggrin

without the RF KIT the H25 don't work in RF mode.
Regardless I'm not using a H25 and would not add a RF module expecting it to work if the recvr isn't designed for it ....
Have never heard anyone doing that, not gonna try without someone verifying it works (as in an installer).

Status
Please reply by conversation.