HR24 slowness problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I dunno, my receivers tune much slower than cable or fios did but it isn't terrible, I get a good picture within 3 or 4 seconds which seems like a long time but it really isn't bad. My Parents' Dish Network tunes just as slow so I know itreally isn't just directv.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

This is a known issue, and directv is working on it. It is essentially a software issue. This has been going on for a long time, but DTV has just NOW put this on the KNOWN issue list. So this will be resolved in 2 weeks maybe.

Thanks for that info. The following mini-rant is not directed at you:

I'm glad to hear that DirecTV is working on it. I wonder why they have just NOW put it on the KNOWN issue list? I wish that they would believe their CUSTOMERS sooner. While some customers are ignorant and out to complain over nothing, the vast majority just want their system to work, and will put up with minor issues without complaint. It is when the issues persist and make using the product difficult to impossible that D* will hear from most customers.

Up until update 0x59e on 2/16, my HR24/500 worked quickly and reliably. The first time I turned it on after the update I had problems. So, I've dealt with my HR24/500 being nearly unusable at times for 2 months now. I can and will go 2 more weeks. And I understand that D* can't go back and have a redo on this one. We all need to move forward. I just hope in the future D* accepts it sooner that the customers are telling the truth when they report a serious problem like this . It seems to me that the corporate culture at D* is due for an overhaul in this area.

Anyone (like myself) who uses the iPad app as a remote will tell you that the issue resides in the box interpreting and/or acting upon the commands coming from the DirecTV remote (or other external remotes). Commands coming from the iPad app are executed immediately without lag so it doesn't seem to be a box problem. Even if the issue is fixed, I'll now have a tough time putting the iPad down as the app's features significantly enhance the viewing experience.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New install question...

HR24 interconnect through coax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)