HR2x and R22 CE Release Weekend of 9/18 v.356

So once again did the d/l and i still dont have the MRV? ive done the keyword and such... NOTHING!!!!

my H21 has MRV.. NOT MY HR20/700

Do you have a dual band wireless N adapter and N router or is it the single band stuff?

I dont think the single band stuff buys much over wireless G except at very short range for throughput or very long range for minimal connectivity.

Either way, I pulled a wire early in the MRV CE cycle and they're hooked to a really nice newer model gigabit switch. Its better than the 170Mb/s powerline I was trying out before, but it still glitches and splats and loses audio sync.

I dont have any objective measures but having just spent about 4 hours over the course of the day watching stuff via MRV, it looks no different to me than the last cycle before they pulled MRV. Plenty of glitching and the trickplay isnt anywhere near as good as local viewing. Quite usable and certainly solves a lot of problems for me with regards to the directv gear, but not anywhere near perfect.

So once again did the d/l and i still dont have the MRV? ive done the keyword and such... NOTHING!!!!

In the system setup menu, do you have an option for 'location' right above 'reset'?

If you do, MRV is enabled. Check in the location option to see if you have playlist sharing turned on. If you do, then try rebooting the boxes and waiting 15 minutes.

In the system setup menu, do you have an option for 'location' right above 'reset'?

If you do, MRV is enabled. Check in the location option to see if you have playlist sharing turned on. If you do, then try rebooting the boxes and waiting 15 minutes.

I do on my H21/600 box... Not on the HR20/700 box

EDIT: My dumba$$ was looking under Misc settings on HR20 and wasnt showing MRV, but like said earlier i looked under settings and saw location above reset!!!

Thanks for the help!

Make sure you do a Network Setup, even though you may get a "unable to start Network " and then reboot. Two out of four are up.

MRV is working great so far. An added bonus to this (this is my first CE release) is that it enabled HD on my R22. I hope that stays enabled :)

It looks just as good as my HR23-700.

The only question is, how long will this release stay on my boxes? will it automatically download new national releases, or is that disabled while running a CE release?

Thanks.

MRV is working great so far. An added bonus to this (this is my first CE release) is that it enabled HD on my R22. I hope that stays enabled :)

It looks just as good as my HR23-700.

The only question is, how long will this release stay on my boxes? will it automatically download new national releases, or is that disabled while running a CE release?

Thanks.

Welcome to CE,

The current NR rolling out is 34c; the number is not a higher release than the current 356 CE. You should be OK until next CE; new CE releases are typically a weekly during a CE cycle which just began.

You can sit on this CE release until the next NR rolls out, which will probably be months from now. My recommendation is to wait through each friday download, see what new features, fixes and/or disastrous bugs may be introduced. If it looks like it has something you want and no big downsides or you're having trouble with the current CE, then upgrade on saturday night.

Otherwise let it slide.

MRV Not working

I have reset my 2 dvrs hr22-100 and my r22 (with HD)-100. I have reinitialized the network settings, setup location....
On the hr22-100 when i want to play off the r22-100 it goes to play and then says "Cannot play DTCP content. AKE fail." and the r22-100 says something about an invalid access card on my hr22-100....

Figured somone on here might know

I have reset my 2 dvrs hr22-100 and my r22 (with HD)-100. I have reinitialized the network settings, setup location....
On the hr22-100 when i want to play off the r22-100 it goes to play and then says "Cannot play DTCP content. AKE fail." and the r22-100 says something about an invalid access card on my hr22-100....

Figured somone on here might know

Do you have min. CE 353 to current CE release 356 loaded on all boxes?

Have you entered keyword search " BRINGMRVBACK " on all boxes and do you see location tab in system setup?

If all the above is true and tried and still failing, try keyword search " IAMANEDGECUTTER ", keyword search " LOSEMRV ", keyword search " BRINGMRVBACK " then menu restart the boxes one at a time.

I suspect one or both of your DVR's has a MRV server hung-up or not initialized properly. If you have never had MRV operational in your home network, it can be stubborn at first then seems more reliable once initialized. I've heard it said that "IAMANEDGECUTTER" is not required except for HR21's but I would try it anyway.

If you're still not getting MRV to work, post back with your setup. (How are they connected?) (Hardwired, wireless, or powerline?...switch or router) (What are your STB ports and status..check under more info in system setup)

mrv working for me

MRV is working on my HR20-100 machines with this release, Yeah!!!, by the way I almost missed the download. I was able to get it at 12:02 am PST Thanks directv for leaving it up a bit longer than the orginal downlaod window. Fast foward still doesn't back up when you stop but overall it is a much more stable relase so far.

Last edited:
I got to try MRV extensively today due to football and my wife and 4 year old regularly requesting that we switch tv rooms.

I know the football stuff is generally 1080i and high bitrate. It glitched and splotched a lot worse than the stuff I watched yesterday. In the midst of it, one receiver got extremely slow in response time when in the menus. I went into the to-do list and it was taking 10 seconds+ to respond to remote keys. A while later it was responding just fine. Very erratic.

What am I missing, I had MRV working until they discontinued some updates ago, and now most of you seem to have it back & I do not, my network is hardwired and I do not have the option for a location button as menitoned above the reset button. I am, running all latest HR22 boxes that worked fine as soon as MRV was available, but I have never gotten it back & I really want it. Please help!

What am I missing, I had MRV working until they discontinued some updates ago, and now most of you seem to have it back & I do not, my network is hardwired and I do not have the option for a location button as menitoned above the reset button. I am, running all latest HR22 boxes that worked fine as soon as MRV was available, but I have never gotten it back & I really want it. Please help!

Did you download the latest CE? A new NR is rolling out, so if you didn't download the CE over the weekend, you might have gotten hit by the NR.

Sounds like you need to read the instructions! ;)

You'll need to do a keyword search for "bringmrvback" and then let the search fail with 'no programs found'. After that, you should have a 'location' option in the system setup menu just above 'reset'. Make sure your playlists are set to 'shared'. If that doesnt do it, reboot and wait 15 minutes.

Sounds like you need to read the instructions! ;)

You'll need to do a keyword search for "bringmrvback" and then let the search fail with 'no programs found'. After that, you should have a 'location' option in the system setup menu just above 'reset'. Make sure your playlists are set to 'shared'. If that doesnt do it, reboot and wait 15 minutes.

Guess I assumed that had already been attempted. :rolleyes: :D

Just like the last few MRV CE iterations before the feature was pulled, my receivers need to be rebooted after the same 2 1/2 days. This morning i'm getting dtcp ake failed, so I guess it'll be another set of reboots.

Feature, performance and stability wise this appears to me to be exactly the same MRV code we were testing 5 weeks ago. In fact, several bugs that were stomped out in the old CE release have returned, like the random jump in the playlist after a delete.

So much for the suggestion that MRV development was continuing while the feature was disabled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts