HR34 new national software out

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had my first 2 glitches with my brand new HR34. I have an AM21 OTA Digital tuner connected to the HR34. I set up theAM21 on Wednesday after the HR34 downloaded the new 057c firmware. It found all my locals including sub-channels my HR24 would never add in. I changed favorite list to add in the Subchannels. This morning the HR34 had dropped the 2 channels that DirecTV doesn't provide guide data for.

I had to re add the channels again, also my 30 second skip (which I set on wednesday) reverted back to the 30 second slip (which has to be the stupidest feature of the DirecTV DVR's). I want to skip 30 seconds, so why does DirecTV insist I see those 30 seconds slip by instead of being instantaneous?

John

I had to re add the channels again, also my 30 second skip (which I set on wednesday) reverted back to the 30 second slip (which has to be the stupidest feature of the DirecTV DVR's). I want to skip 30 seconds, so why does DirecTV insist I see those 30 seconds slip by instead of being instantaneous?

John

b/c they don't have the cojones to make this the default and risk the wrath of the advertisers ... I saw some press that Dish (with the Hopper), will skip the commercials automatically (or something along these lines)... needless to say, the channels and advertisers are none too pleased with this feature. But I bet most of their customers are. :)

I get the skip deal, but using FFW3 I can generally knock out a tv show in 42-43 mins, fine by me. I prefer the slip look because many times I will see a preview for a new show, or movie trailer that will cause me to stop and go back.

I get the skip deal, but using FFW3 I can generally knock out a tv show in 42-43 mins, fine by me. I prefer the slip look because many times I will see a preview for a new show, or movie trailer that will cause me to stop and go back.
I prefer the slip as well.

I actually prefer the slip too, for the reason you mentioned. I also think it works better for sports.

Hello zim2dive,

I have that problem of the missing icons on one of my HR34's and nothing I did brought the icons back including a website reauthorization, a menu restart of the receiver including 2 times within a 30 minute period to flush the guide and even an RBR. I talked to Technical Support and was forwarded on the the people who are much more knowledgeable on the HR34. If you remember the original installation of the HR34 there was a point in which the screen stated that additional software was needed to be installed. This is the 7 original icons from the Extras section. It takes a while for the receiver to request that software so give it from 2 days up to a weeks time. If this does not occur then call Technical support and they should be able to assist you. I hope that we all get our Extra icons back. I miss mine. :whoo:

my Extra's did not re-populate ... its been ~1 week.. looks like I will have to call T-S... In ~5 months of service, I've spent more time on the phone with Direct than with ~20 years of previous content providers combined :(

I had my first 2 glitches with my brand new HR34. I have an AM21 OTA Digital tuner connected to the HR34. I set up theAM21 on Wednesday after the HR34 downloaded the new 057c firmware. It found all my locals including sub-channels my HR24 would never add in. I changed favorite list to add in the Subchannels. This morning the HR34 had dropped the 2 channels that DirecTV doesn't provide guide data for.

yep this is the pain in the ass part....the only way I've figured it out is this
type in the channel that is missing (as example 5-3)
then hit info to bring up the info bar at top
use right arrow to favorites then down to "REMOVE FROM _____"
then go back into the list (from the info bar) and "ADD TO _____"

that fixes it and will stay until the receiver does a reboot. Then they disappear for no reason even though they are in my favorites

I have the CE from last Friday and the biggest difference I noticed is the guide scrolling and all the menus are very responsive and the big delays have disappeared. I also had been having occasional lockups where I had to reset and that seems to be gone also.

Been busy all weeknd and was ready to call Tech support... but I scrolled to Extras and Pandora was back.

EXCEPT.. when I click on it.. it does the same thing as before... I pressed Pandora at 1:40pm.... no visual confirmation of the button press being received.. so then I hit Guide, and get the same message I saw before "Please Wait....."... ok, this was 10 minutes ago now.. even the guide timed out and went back to the full-size picture behind the Please WAit message.. but the Hr34 will not respond to the remote.

Guess I'll still be giving tech support a call. Does Pandora work for anyone using the NR on the HR34?

Been busy all weeknd and was ready to call Tech support... but I scrolled to Extras and Pandora was back.

EXCEPT.. when I click on it.. it does the same thing as before... I pressed Pandora at 1:40pm.... no visual confirmation of the button press being received.. so then I hit Guide, and get the same message I saw before "Please Wait....."... ok, this was 10 minutes ago now.. even the guide timed out and went back to the full-size picture behind the Please WAit message.. but the Hr34 will not respond to the remote.

Guess I'll still be giving tech support a call. Does Pandora work for anyone using the NR on the HR34?

I've got the CE that is the NR, but after I had to reset my receiver the other day Pandora and YouTube disappeared from the menu.

Got up yesterday and turned on the TV.. the receiver told me it needed to reset itself.. I shrugged and hit ok... off to work and was busy. Today I had a few spare moments so I navigated quietly thru the menus to Extras.. sneaking up on Pandora.. rather than go for broke, I tried YouTube first.. watched a video (proving to myself that the HR34 could get out over the net).. and then launched Pandora.. and finally it worked.

A _tad_ rough on the edges.. ie. the song-to-song fade is more like an end-3-seconds-early-and-jump-directly-in-to-the-next-song.. but hey, I'll take it, at least for now.

NOOO idea why it decided to work today, nor why the receiver was prompting me to reset.. the SW build didn't appear to have changed. Shrug.

getting a glicth on recordings

So I had 1 program recording at 7:30 (OTA channel) and had 3 things set at 8 (a program on the same OTA and 2 sat channels)

At 7:55 I was watching MLB net and it said "needed to switch to channel ___ for recording. Do you want to do this?" with Yes change channel and no cancel timer

at 7:59 it switched to one of the recordings I had set at 8...even though I'm only using 3 tuners (all I have is the HR34)

getting a glicth on recordings

So I had 1 program recording at 7:30 (OTA channel) and had 3 things set at 8 (a program on the same OTA and 2 sat channels)

At 7:55 I was watching MLB net and it said "needed to switch to channel ___ for recording. Do you want to do this?" with Yes change channel and no cancel timer

at 7:59 it switched to one of the recordings I had set at 8...even though I'm only using 3 tuners (all I have is the HR34)

I've had 5 going a couple of times in the last few days with no problem - all I have is the HR34.

oh I have too. The thing is it isnt suppose to give you that popup unless you have 5 recordings set to go and you're on a channel not set to record

so if you're set to record CBS, NBC, A&E, TruTV and say your loclas RSN all at the same time and you're on MLB Net. It will give you the option to cancel one. This one only gave me one option (A&E) even though I had 3 other channels set at same time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)