0x0547

Staggered Release started: 03/21/2012

New features
  • High Definition User Interface
  • Faster speed
  • Menu icons
  • MyDirectv: What's on Now, You Might Like
  • Movie posters
  • Serch finds all movies regardless of the source (VOD, Linear, PPV, Premium, etc)
  • Picture in Graphics Moved to left of the screen
  • Integrated Rotton Tomatoes movie ratings

Updated
  • Improved Stability
  • Interactive content downloads separately with a "Downloading Additional Software" message if this is the first update

Learn more at DIRECTV HD Guide - NEW On Screen HD Guide - DIRECTV

Note that this is a staggered release, generally this means Directv releases to certain users over time until they roll it out nationally. In the past DirecTV generally starts on the west coast and works east, and the process can take a few weeks to a month or longer.

There is no way to force a dowload until it is authorized for your account. If you want something sooner feel free to check out or Cutting Edge forum for the opportunity to beta test downloads.

Nice I just posted and it didn't show up. I'll try a shorter one this time. If you're already on a CE release, and decide to go back to national you have no idea if the HD guide has been rolled out to you, right?

sadly that is right

I know when the HD GUI was out for the other HR units I waited until I knew it was rolled out in my market (Minneapolis), then went back to the old GUI for like 12 hours. Then it got the new HD GUI that night

sadly the national release wont override a CE

Figured. I'll just wait awhile or until I happen to see if it's been rolled out in my area.

i keep hd gui a few more days then i go back to the old gui.i really like the hd gui.

LOL.. I thought I downloaded the CE Friday night.. Had the HD UI everything working.. Checked software version this morning and Darned if it wasn't this version.. LOL.... Wonder what I'm missing in the CE?
Oh.. and yeah.. it shows as having been updated Fri night..

I also just checked and I have this version, says updated at 5:38am this morning...and I had the CE version.. Checked because I noticed it being buggy/slower and the Rotten Tomato ratings weren't there, and 'MyDirecTV' was working for the first time. So I knew something was different.

Last edited:
This aint no good.

Ive been on the CE, and while 547 is better than the old Gui, It's not what Id release nationally, hell it was just named a Customer Candidate.

Yeah, but when they went from a buggy Moderate Risk to Cust Cand, they should at least give it a week before they go out to everyone...

Its still buggy.

noticed one issue

scrolling through the guide with a favorite when you hit ESPN 206 its gone. Just the "USN free view" banner is there. If you page past it then go up its there

Same as 242 USA. It has the Wrestlemania preview banner thing

I've noticed the guide being slower and sometimes you scroll and everything looks jumbled like part of the previous screen is superimposed, also Rotten Tomatoes ratings not showing for me. I have it off because of this, but on the CE if you have the scrolling animation on it isn't right, same with this release. On my other receiver that's not HR34 it's smooth. I was on the previous CE from the weekend before last and it seemed better than this released to everyone.

I'm on CE 0x547 CE that I downloaded last Saturday night. Since the NR is the exact same #, what if anything, do I need to do to automatically (not manual) receive future updates?

I'm on CE 0x547 CE that I downloaded last Saturday night. Since the NR is the exact same #, what if anything, do I need to do to automatically (not manual) receive future updates?

Nothing ...
They will come on thier own, usually over night, 4 am or so.

noticed one issue

scrolling through the guide with a favorite when you hit ESPN 206 its gone. Just the "USN free view" banner is there. If you page past it then go up its there

Same as 242 USA. It has the Wrestlemania preview banner thing

You only noticed *1* issue?!?! :)

My list of Custom 1 channels was very minorly mangled... for ESPN, I removed it, than added it back and, and it seemed to be there, but I had also noticed it missing. And someone "helpfully" added all of my locals (including duplicates) back to the list.

Scrolling fast is a disaster on this release, and on the flip side, it often seems to stall, taking 2-3 seconds before processing the last arrow push.

This would make a fine piece of beta SW.. it had no business being released to everyone. Someone must have had it in their performance appraisal checklist "release HD GUI to HR34 customers before the end of Q12012"...

So as a new Direct customer, I have an HR34 with smei-stable SW, and 2 H25's which usually refuse to have their Extras work, and show all kinds of other quirks trying to access DVR material from the HR34 (could be the fault of the HR34).... Does Direct hire the folks who get fired from Dish SW? :)

You only noticed *1* issue?!?! :)
yup so far

My list of Custom 1 channels was very minorly mangled... for ESPN, I removed it, than added it back and, and it seemed to be there, but I had also noticed it missing. And someone "helpfully" added all of my locals (including duplicates) back to the list.
other than the issue I posted my favorites list (custom 1) is fine.

Scrolling fast is a disaster on this release, and on the flip side, it often seems to stall, taking 2-3 seconds before processing the last arrow push.
I know after the CE update I did, I do a double rbr. That usually fixes alot of the bugs

So as a new Direct customer, I have an HR34 with smei-stable SW, and 2 H25's which usually refuse to have their Extras work, and show all kinds of other quirks trying to access DVR material from the HR34 (could be the fault of the HR34).... Does Direct hire the folks who get fired from Dish SW? :)
I only have the HR34 so I cant comment on the MRV issues

I'm new here. Don't have Directv yet, but I want their 5 tuner DVR ! I am waiting until it looks solid. That's the problem. I am an engineer, and don't want to deal with a lot of glitches. I could go the CE route but I don't want to. I know go or no go is very subjective but I am not getting a warm feeling yet. Can anyone try to sum up the status? I do not want to have it hang up and I want good responce to the remote. I have Comcast now and their receivers are finally glitch free.

Also, is there anywhere on this forum (or others) that has a running list of releases, dates, and release notes both for the National and CE versions? IS there a CE out there newer than the current national?

I will have 1 dvr and 4 other HD receivers (I know that requires the SWM16).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)