HS17-100 (For those wondering)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It sounds like DTV wants all their customers on the server/client model anyway. DTV hasn't made any new tuner based models in a long time. Its only new servers and client boxes.

So in the current server/client model you can't have all the clients on at the same time? How many can you use at the same time? Maybe in the new system they will change that so you can use them all at the same?

with a current genie you can have 3 clients viewing at a time (you can have up to 8 connected iirc)
with the hs17, its 7 viewing iirc

current genie 1 4k feed
hs17 2 4k feeds

current genie 5 tuners
hs17 7 tuners

with a current genie you can have 3 clients viewing at a time (you can have up to 8 connected iirc)
with the hs17, its 7 viewing iirc

current genie 1 4k feed
hs17 2 4k feeds

current genie 5 tuners
hs17 7 tuners
Sounds like if all you have is DTV's current server/client system its just like UVerseTV's server/client system and their HD stream limitations.

Last edited:
Well last weekend I picked up a HR54 and three more HR24's with everything I need to integrate them all into my current system. My dealer is going to stop by and swap out my LNB for the reverse band. I don't have a current need to change my 44 to the 54 yet so it will be put away in the box for the time being, but I might hook up the other 3 HR24's sooner than later in the spare rooms.

It sounds like DTV wants all their customers on the server/client model anyway. DTV hasn't made any new tuner based models in a long time. Its only new servers and client boxes.

So in the current server/client model you can't have all the clients on at the same time? How many can you use at the same time? Maybe in the new system they will change that so you can use them all at the same?
They will keep the DIRECTV Residential Experience right?

and what do they plan for bars something like the COM 2000 but smaller with easy channel changeing and maybe an build in hdmi matrix switcher?

standalone 4k box for bars?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)