HTC one vs Samsing Galaxy S4. Whaich Would You Buy and Why

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I will be replacing both my persoanl and buasiness cell phones soon. I am on the fense between these two (I have rejected the idea of a Windows 8 phone). I have read several reviews but my mind is not made up. Wat would you guys do?

BTQ I am considering one of each.

I bought the HTC One. I like the design of HTC's their extra software to the interface is nice plus the I like music so beats audio is nice as well. Also the HTC seems to make really nice hardware and I like the metal body as well so they are to me more creative as well. Samsung is good but it looks like they are going to start doing what Apple does an cookie cutter their phones Galaxy S3,S4,S5,S6. To me they all look the same I really don't like the plastic feel and they just seems that they change the name of the device and add a few things to it is all. Overall I thing Samsung good so you can't really go wrong with either one but I like HTC in that too me they are more well rounded on things. Just my 2 cents.

I was just looking into this this morning. I'm curious to see everyone's responses.

I'm seriously considering buying the HTC One directly from HTC with no contract for $575.

I was just looking into this this morning. I'm curious to see everyone's responses.

I'm seriously considering buying the HTC One directly from HTC with no contract for $575.

Yeah I use to buy directly but it's just easier to pay less and upgrade to something else in 2yrs. Either way I think most will like the HTC One just a great device nice feel sounds really good as well. I just showed a friend with a S3 and he was impressed so he thinking about getting a One over a S4 now..

Yeah I use to buy directly but it's just easier to pay less and upgrade to something else in 2yrs. Either way I think most will like the HTC One just a great device nice feel sounds really good as well. I just showed a friend with a S3 and he was impressed so he thinking about getting a One over a S4 now..

I'm still under contract for the next 7 month for my Skyrocket.

I know this is like an apples to oranges comparison but the last Android phone I had was an HTC Evo. How would the One vs S4 compare?

From what I have read, and I have read virtually everything I could find, there isn't much difference between the HTC One and the Samsung S4 aside the removable battery and the sd card. If you can get past those two things, they are pretty equal. They do have different cameras, but I'm not a photographer, so the HTC camera is fine. I like the construction of the HTC, and the battery and sd card aren't an issue for me, either. One big plus for the HTC is that I am getting $100 for my old HTC Inspire. That solidified the deal for me.

HTC is terrible with software updates. One thing to consider when comparing the two.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

HTC is terrible with software updates. One thing to consider when comparing the two.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So far I been able to get all my updates ok I think it all depends on the specific device especially when the maker makes more than one device. So some devices might get their updates before others which is a common thing with any manufacture.

I'm buying the Galaxy S4 on May 3rd. I like the removable battery and the Micro SD slot neither of which are available on the HTC One. In addition, Samsung will give me $75 for my S2 which lowers my final cost to less than the HTC One for more phone.

Wife loves her new One. I have to admit it's pretty nice phone. We traded in 3 old phones at best buy and ended up walking away with $50 after paying for the One. the speakers are pretty impressive for a phone, pretty impressive in general for a device like the One. After having many issues with my Galaxy S2 and finally buying a google nexus 4, I didn't want another samsung phone for a while.

So far I been able to get all my updates ok I think it all depends on the specific device especially when the maker makes more than one device. So some devices might get their updates before others which is a common thing with any manufacture.

There shouldn't be any real updates already. They have never done very good at pushing new versions of Android. Most of the times they are at least 1 full version behind.

I was looking at the ONE while waiting on the S4 ...

I'm leaning towards the S4, mainly because I have a Samsung, thus the learning curve should be less.

S4 is not scheduled to arrive in stores here till Wednesday I think they said.

Haven't really been shopping, but unless there are extenuating facts, I'd get the S4.

The HTC speakers do nothing for me.
As for the metal body, every phone needs an add-on case, so... :)

The SD slot is a winner - every phone should have one!
Better cameras are always nice.
Removable battery is a real plus, even though power drain goes down with new chipsets.
(bigger screens need bigger backlites)

Have a friend with an S3.
Very impressed with their customizations and updates.
His run time is much better than his last phone, and no longer has to do a daily battery swap!

Update: Oddly, neither the Tapatalk or Satellite Guys reader allow me to repond to posts. The WatchOn apps selects the SD feeds from my TWC set top box 50% of the time. Early adopter blues I guess.

Wife loves her new One. I have to admit it's pretty nice phone. We traded in 3 old phones at best buy and ended up walking away with $50 after paying for the One. the speakers are pretty impressive for a phone, pretty impressive in general for a device like the One. After having many issues with my Galaxy S2 and finally buying a google nexus 4, I didn't want another samsung phone for a while.

i had the s2 and agree it was full of issues. the s3 is like night and day. the s4 is based on the s3 so i'm confident it will be a solid device. i plan to hold on to my s3 a little longer and resist the temptation to upgrade :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)