HTC one wont call out

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Anyone else experienced this issue? My new HTC one will not make calls. It will receive them, and send and receive texts, plus data works fine.

I took the sim card out, popped it in my note 2, and it works fine.

Is there a setting I am missing, or is this a known bug with these devices? Did I possibly get a lemon?
?

Hmm strange do you get any type of errors or do you yeah said dial tone thinking of regular phones.

Last edited:
I have only had verizon cell phones in my lifetime but I have never heard a dial tone on a cell before. I don't think that is a proper way to check if your cell is working at least on verizon.

I have only had verizon cell phones in my lifetime but I have never heard a dial tone on a cell before. I don't think that is a proper way to check if your cell is working at least on verizon.

Yeah I said dial tone was not thinking but I deal with cell and regular landlines as well so just something I ask people when they call with phone issues. Either way when they activated the phone they should have made sure the device was able to make and receive calls So when the phone was activated were you able to make calls then?

I had it shipped, didn't go to the store.

I put the new sim in, turned it on, and it activated itself. I never thought to make a call, as I received some and all was well. Only noticed the problem this morning when I went to call one of my employees to tell them what to start on this morning.

Extra info, at my office I am roaming off of a non verizon tower. The tower I am roaming off of is a cspire tower and when I call with the one, I get an auto message that says welcome to cspire, gives me my own number and asks if I need help with my service or want to set up new service. Basically it's treating it Luke a cspire phone that is calling customer service.

Again though, same new sim taken out and put I'm my note 2, also on Verizon. And also using the same cspire tower works fine.

And texting and data works fine on both. Just outgoing calls on the one are messing up. Darn odd issue

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Try dialing *228 from a verizon tower and selecting the option to activate your device. I think I had to do that for my iPhone 5 even though it has a sim card. I know I had to do it for all my previous verizon phones that don't have sim cards. It doesn't make sense that you would be receiving calls but not able to dial out if it wasn't activated properly but it's worth a shot.

Everything I've read before told me that *228 on a 4g phone is unnecessary, and I've never had to do it before. However, it's worth a shot.

I read that it was no longer necessary to dial *228 to update your PRL on a LTE phone. For some reason I think I remember dialing it to activate my LTE iPhone 5 though.

Well, verizon tech support was stumped as to what the problem could be. Being that I am roaming off another tower though, there was little that he could do until I got under their service.

Well, I drove to my house, got in the verizon network, and the device works fine. I can call in and out. The tech support person told me to power down, wait five minutes and turn it back on. They resent some information.

I drive back to my office, it transitions back to the Cspire tower, and once again, I can not call out.

Well, I drove to my house, got in the verizon network, and the device works fine. I can call in and out. The tech support person told me to power down, wait five minutes and turn it back on. They resent some information.

I drive back to my office, it transitions back to the Cspire tower, and once again, I can not call out.

Sounds like it may be an issue with the local roaming tower not communicating properly with Verizon.

Sounds like it may be an issue with the local roaming tower not communicating properly with Verizon.

I thought that too, thing that doesnt make sense about it though is the other phone worked with the same sim card. If it were the tower then I would THINK that it would impact both.

That and we have a handful of phones on our business account down here that are also on Verizon, roaming off of the same tower, and they are not having the same issue.

Upgrade Thunderbolt with extended battery

FCC Puts AT&T's Acquisition of Alltel on Hold

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)