HTC to launch 5-inch smartphone in September-October, say sources

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
HTC to launch 5-inch smartphone in September-October, say sources

HTC will step into the large-size smartphone segment by launching a flagship model with a 5-inch display featuring a resolution of 1794 by 1080 pixels in September-October, according to industry sources.
Samsung Electronics, which pioneered the development of the 5-inch segment, also plans to release a 5.5-inch model, the Galaxy Note II, at the end of August, the sources noted.

it will get to a point that the screens will get too big for a phone. i find the galaxy note to be a bit too much.

Yeah, I agree. While I might like the device fine, it would be fairly cumbersome for me at my work I would think.

Of course I might have thought the same about the 4+ screens that we have today a year or so ago.

i think 5 inch screen would be the biggest i would go. i'm a big fan of large screens but there is a limit.

5" may be to big. I have tried the Note at 5.3" and there is no way I could carry it as a daily phone. I love the large screen but this is getting a little out of control for a phone.

If these phones had good bluetooth voice recognition you would not have to worry about size.
I like the old Jabra bluetooth head sets but they don't quite work properly.

If these phones had good bluetooth voice recognition you would not have to worry about size.
I like the old Jabra bluetooth head sets but they don't quite work properly.
You still have to put the phone somewhere, that is my concern about the size. I would most likely love having a screen that size, but carrying it around would be an issue for me.

You still have to put the phone somewhere, that is my concern about the size. I would most likely love having a screen that size, but carrying it around would be an issue for me.

especially if you wear skinny jeans ;)...and to be honest I think it depends on the design of the phone itself. I always thought okay the nexus screen is as big as I will go, but the Gs3 is bigger (just by a bit) but I feel very comfortable holding that phone. So if it has great curves, then it feels good in my hands and is welcome there anyday (have at that comment).

especially if you wear skinny jeans ;)...and to be honest I think it depends on the design of the phone itself. I always thought okay the nexus screen is as big as I will go, but the Gs3 is bigger (just by a bit) but I feel very comfortable holding that phone. So if it has great curves, then it feels good in my hands and is welcome there anyday (have at that comment).

I am not going anywhere near that comment. lol

Solution... Man purse

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

:haha

My kindle Fire does fit in my pocket but I am not sure I could fit much else in the pocket. I agree that 5 inches is a bit large fora phone but I guess we will see who goes for this.

BTW i believe that the new term fora man purse is a "murse." It sounds awful to me but portmanteaus are in season.

Todd when I got your phone you left a picture of you in there
images.jpg

i think 5 inch screen would be the biggest i would go. i'm a big fan of large screens but there is a limit.

I am of the same school. I like a small phone in the pocket. If it gets too big it is hard to get out of the pocket especially when sitting.

My brother on the other hand would be happy to use an iPad strapped to his waist if it was a phone... He just wants a huge screen.

The only way I could see carrying around a phone of this size is with some sort of belt loop carrying case. Getting something that big out of a pocket while sitting isn't going to work well unless your pants have huge pockets. The down side is that such an obvious and generally visible location announces to all that you have a big smart phone that's ripe for the taking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)