HTC touch pro Verizon

still no luck, only way to hard reset the verizon one is to go into settings then clear memory, but the memory is still there, I have turned off touchflo 3d and have about 50 megs of memory free, I am thinking I just need to find a nice home screen other then touchflo

edit: nevermind, I just dropped to 32 megs free, I have a memory leak I need to find fast. :(

Ahhh...The Verizon one has the RAM neutered too. I was wondering why there was a huge thread on PPCGeeks for bring Sprint TP's over to Verizon.

Ahhh...The Verizon one has the RAM neutered too. I was wondering why there was a huge thread on PPCGeeks for bring Sprint TP's over to Verizon.

yep, but I was reading verizon is stopping them for working on there network. I could be wrong, if there is a way to get it done for 100% sure, trust me I want the highest amount of ram.

I'm so glad I'm on Sprint :)

Yes indeed. I still smile paying that $30 some odd bill a month for 500 min, unlimited roaming, data, text, etc. Yeah yeah... I know there are some limits on the data but I never get close to 5gb on my phone even though I tether quite a bit.

This is my favorite theme for mine. The AT&T version of the Touch Pro is completely black, with white buttons (unlike the sprint version, I haven't see the Verizon one).

This theme completely blends in with the face of the phone. You can't tell where the screen ends and the face of the phone starts.

It's a simple, elegant theme that just looks outstanding on this phone. I use my phone in a business formal environment, and it never fails to impress.

The 3 shots of various nav programs (google maps, microsoft live search, and pharos Ostia) were all taken from my desk... in the center of my house at least 15 feet from the nearest window, all with solid GPS lock.

Live Search has the birds eye satellite pictures now. Very nice pics. I like the black face and chrome sides on the Sprint version. People see my phone and say "What's that?" As soon as they see the high resolution and color of this screen, they are "wowed". Then you flip open the keyboard and then there's another wow.

I knew I was missing an app on my phone! Quickmenu. I had it on the mogul along with WkTask but I don't need WkTask anymore since there's a boatload of memory on this thing.

yeah yeah verizon sucks, they gimped my phone...oh well its still a great phone, quickly becoming a favorite ( I am use to having to reset a phone because of a memory leak, I had to do it 4 times a day with the storm at one point.)

Here's thread that might interest you guys...

Custom Taskbar - PPCGeeks

I didn't really like his newest one as it was hard to see the signal meter in the sunlight. So I like the signal meter from Merdin's ROM. I took the tapres.192.dll and CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll files from that ROM.

Use these instructions if you are replacing them manually:

When replacing a specific dll file in windows use the following technique (Using the HTCVolumeControl.dll as an example):
· Open Total Commander and go into /windows rename current HTCVolumeControl.dll to HTCVolumeControl.dll.bak
· use TC to move the new .dll file into /windows
· soft reset.
· You may now delete the .bak one.

Total Commander file manager: http://www.ghisler.com/ce.htm

One thing that AT&T did to the TouchPro, which I have really come to appreciate, is modify the top row on the keyboard with frequently used punctuation and symbols. The numbers are laid out dialpad style, instead.

Attachments

• 8875.jpg
    8875.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Raphael2.jpg
    Raphael2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 105
One thing that AT&T did to the TouchPro, which I have really come to appreciate, is modify the top row on the keyboard with frequently used punctuation and symbols. The numbers are laid out dialpad style, instead.

I use the numbers way more than the punctuation though, so that would not be very helpful for me.

I use the numbers way more than the punctuation though, so that would not be very helpful for me.

Yes, but it only takes 1 tap to turn on the num-lock, then it much easier to enter numbers in in a dialpad config then spread across the top row. IMHO. :)

For someone who texts and emails all day (in full business English), the top row configured the way it is is a godsend.

The majority of people use far more punctuation in emails than numbers, hence AT&Ts decision to modify the keyboard layout for their customers. Count up the apostrophes, commas, etc. in a typical post compared to the number of numerical digits and you'll see what I mean.

Same here... I used the Fuze(aka TP) for a couple of days when my girl had her AT&T account. I prefer the numbers more than the punctuations. The comma and period are the most I use and those are just to the right of the space bar with no function key needed. My girl now has the TP on Sprint instead of AT&T, and that was one of the things she mentioned she likes better since she has to type numbers quite a bit in work emails.

Here's a pic of the CDMA version.

358xudf.png

mine has the keypad moved over one spot and the n and m seperated. by the way even with memory cleaner I still run low, I am thinking after having this a "normal" business day verizon gimped the ram way too much, when I start with touch flo running (which lets face it, touchflo has the best look there is) I start with about 26 megs free, which slowly leave me with every email/text I recieve, and Ihavent even run a program yet, if I try to open one about 3 hours of it sitting there getting emails and such, I get the ol memory low error as I only have 10 megs free.

mine has the keypad moved over one spot and the n and m seperated. by the way even with memory cleaner I still run low, I am thinking after having this a "normal" business day verizon gimped the ram way too much, when I start with touch flo running (which lets face it, touchflo has the best look there is) I start with about 26 megs free, which slowly leave me with every email/text I recieve, and Ihavent even run a program yet, if I try to open one about 3 hours of it sitting there getting emails and such, I get the ol memory low error as I only have 10 megs free.

I hate to say it but if I couldn't use TouchFlo I'd be bringing that sucker back. You could always run the old school HTC Home. I think there are some ROMs on PPCGeeks that have it setup like this. Or you could just uncheck TouchFlo and install HTC Home?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)