HTL-HD new guy questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwaters

Sep 11, 2004
I got a new TV this week and today I bought the HTL-HD. For reference, I'm moving up from an eight year old Sony 27" and Sony SAT A55 receiver and my new TV is the JVC HD-52z585.

I finally figured out how to set the transponders I want to use. Why on Earth didn't they put that on the the transponder test page?

I have great signal on all three birds (90+) but two of the HD channels don't come in. Discovery and Bravo are no-shows. Any ideas? I gave-up waiting for D*'s customer no-service to pick up the line.

PLEASE tell me there's a way to get the custom guide to be the default. Now, I have to hit the guide button twice, arrow down and hit select to view the custom guide. On my Sony, I actually forgot that there WAS a master guide.

Can someone recommend a good place to buy a DVI-HDMI cable?

Thanks,
CW

Forgot to add that my local digital stations are coming in fine with my $25 antenna in the attic. I had that up there for what? five years getting free local channels...now it's giving me all the local digitals except PAX and really, who watches PAX?

This may sound dumb, but you didn't mention this. Do you have the HD Pak?

uh yeah

yeah, I do have the HD pack. Free for some period of time I can't remember but I did sign up for that. I have ESPN HD and HDNET but Bravo and Discovery don't com in.
According to the set-up pages, I have good signal on all the satellites...go figure.
I figured I'd call for tech support this weekend but got to busy doing other stuff.
Only thing I noticed: When doing the outdoor check (or whatever it's called) I get pass pass for each of the top two tests but N/A - Pass for the bottom one (can you tell I'm at work and not sitting by the TV?) could this be related?

Another problem came-up this weekend. When watching the Falcons game yesterday from the digital OTA signal, I had an annoying problem with the audio cutting-out. It was bad enough that I ended-up going to the analog OTA signal. (UGH!) Signal strength is well into the good side of the line-graph for that station so I don't know what's up.

Freaky update. After two days of not finding the signal for those two HD channels, I go home at lunch today and there they are...

The receiver said yesterday that it was going to download the V2.0 upgrade but it is still reporting it's using v1.07 so who knows...

Cory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)