Hughes GAEB0A & Sony rcvrs power cycling & rebooting every few minutes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DTVT2TECH

Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Tulsa, OK
DTV appears to have sent a software download/update to many Hughes GAEB0A and some older Sony models on approx January 17th. This appears to have caused these receivers to reset, reboot and reload guide data, which can take up to a minute or two. From what I have heard customers reporting is that the receiver will go through this cycle about every 5 to 25 minutes. This completely interrupts your watching TV. The IT dept is fully aware of the issue and is working quickly to resolve the issue. Its likely that another software download will need to be sent to correct this bug. We hope to have this resolved ASAP. Being a Tier2 Tech, its difficult to tell customers to be patient for the download which hopefully will occur within 48 hours. Knowing our luck, there may be a possibility that these receivers may need to end up being replaced by DTV at their expense. Please post comments about this and I will try to keep everyone updated on this issue.

Thanks for letting us know whats wrong. Every time I call Direct Tv I get a busy singnal. I hope this gets resolve soon its real annoying when it happens every 5 minutes.

Do you know which Sony models are doing this in particular? Or rather, are the Sony B3, B50/A50, B55/A55 receivers affected?

Hi again. As of 01/19/05 @ 18:40cst, there still has NOT been any word as of an ETR as to when this issue will be corrected. From the information that I have gathered and speaking to several Help Desk supervisors, this appears to be effecting more specifically the HUGHES GAEB0A, the series of SONY SAT-Axxx and SAT-Bxxx. Most of these SONY series receivers have the same guts and menu as the HUGHES GAEB0A has. The callcenter queue is backed way up from probably some several hundred-thousand customers that this has hit. For the next couple days, you can probably expect LONG HOLD TIMES due to this. Also the word has not been given as to if and when we are to start replacing these receivers. Will try to keep you updated.

As of 22:20cst the there still is not an Estimated Time of Repair for a software download to correct this isse. The updated troubleshooting data that we have in our DORIS referrence system states that this is more specificaly effecting the GAEB0A, SONY SAT-A65, SATA65A, SAT-B65 and the SAT-B65A. Will update in a few hours again.

What version is the "bad" update? My GAEB0A does not show an update in the upgrade page of the manual and it's working very well.

is there a problem still existing? a fix was supposedly put out but i'm still getting odd reports from these receivers. not reboots but other problems.

I checked the Uptime on my receiver this morning and it was at 8 hours... so I'm *hoping* it is fixed, but won't know for sure until I get home from work this evening. However, ever since the reboot problem first occured, I can no longer exit the One-Line Guide by pressing the Exit/Clear key on the remote. I know the button on the remote is fine because I can use it to exit the full program guide and other menus... anyone else with this or similar problems?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)