HULU service

Thank for the responses. I didn't think it would probably work. I told them to just call Spectrum and threaten to leave for DirecTV to see if they can get a better price.
Charter does not deal.

They do have have cheaper TV packages, but you have to work hard to find them.

But, I have priced them before, with Broadcast Channels fee, DVR fee, all the taxes added on, they are always about $10 more then YTTV.

Charter does not deal.

They do have have cheaper TV packages, but you have to work hard to find them.

But, I have priced them before, with Broadcast Channels fee, DVR fee, all the taxes added on, they are always about $10 more then YTTV.
Well, then, my parents will likely go somewhere else. They have to have Charter for internet, but they could go with YTTV, Hulu, etc. for TV. I liked YTTV when I had it, but my brother has Hulu and could help get them used to it. I don't know exactly what they are paying for the TV portion, but they have 2 DVRs, so I am assuming they are paying at least $20 for those on top of the service fee.

Well, then, my parents will likely go somewhere else. They have to have Charter for internet, but they could go with YTTV, Hulu, etc. for TV. I liked YTTV when I had it, but my brother has Hulu and could help get them used to it. I don't know exactly what they are paying for the TV portion, but they have 2 DVRs, so I am assuming they are paying at least $20 for those on top of the service fee.
YTTV is a lot better then when you had it, they updated the guide about 2 months ago, easier to work for the novice, a lot closer to a Traditional Guide experience.

And they can still do a custom version of the guide, put their favorite channels to the top for example.

Hulu Live is the better bargain if they get it with Regular Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+.

If not, YTTV is less expensive then.

Reactions: ncted
Just got the notice:

:mad:
The bundle of Hulu Commercial Free, Disney+(same) and ESPN+ is staying at $19.99 for the Bundle Price.

That is what I have, now that ESPN+ has Monday Night Football and every NHL game, it is worth it to me.

The bundle of Hulu Commercial Free, Disney+(same) and ESPN+ is staying at $19.99 for the Bundle Price.

That is what I have, now that ESPN+ has Monday Night Football and every NHL game, it is worth it to me.
I might switch to the bundle once my Disney+ annual sub runs out.

I might switch to the bundle once my Disney+ annual sub runs out.
They gave me credit on what I had left on my 3 year deal, but they gave me full price credit , $7.99 a month, so my monthly bill is still $12.99, but now with Disney and ESPN+.

Reactions: Bobby and ncted
They gave me credit on what I had left on my 3 year deal, but they gave me full price credit , $7.99 a month, so my monthly bill is still $12.99, but now with Disney and ESPN+.
That will be $12.99 a month until next month, as I recall, which will go up to 19.99 but still a bargain if you use them all.

That will be $12.99 a month until next month, as I recall, which will go up to 19.99 but still a bargain if you use them all.
Actually free for me, I use my credit card points to buy Hulu Gift Cards ( Netflix, YouTUBE TV, Paramount+ with Showtime and Vudu also).

For some reason, they are giving credit to at least August 2023, my 3 year should be up this year-

08/10/23August 10th, 2023$12.00Charge Breakdown
Charge breakdown for August 10th, 2023
We’ll apply your gift credit to this charge
Hulu (No Ads), Disney+, and ESPN+
$12.00
Hulu
$6.99
Hulu (No Ads)
$6.00
Disney+
$7.99
ESPN+
$9.99
Bundle Discount
-$10.98
Disney+ Subscription Credit
-$7.99

Thanks for pointing this out. I was able to switch to the bundle, and my remaining months of Disney+ will be credited from my account, so I will save money in the short term vs. staying on monthly Hulu and annual Disney+ until the Disney+ renewal comes up. I get ESPN+ too, for whatever that is worth.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was able to switch to the bundle, and my remaining months of Disney+ will be credited from my account, so I will save money in the short term vs. staying on monthly Hulu and annual Disney+ until the Disney+ renewal comes up. I get ESPN+ too, for whatever that is worth.
I have it for NHL Center Ice ( which is include, so I can watch the Red Wings here in Florida), now that it has Monday Night Football, that will be great if I get rid of YTTV.

Hulu Live price going up on Dec 8th
In the small print on Hulu's site where they offer $20 off for 3 months

Ends 11:59 PM PST on 10/5/22. Offer for Hulu (ad-supported) + Live TV plan only. $49.99/month for 3 months, then auto-renews at $69.99/month or then-current regular monthly price. Price will increase to $74.99/month as of 12/8/22

• Sad

Ends 11:59 PM PST on 10/5/22. Offer for Hulu (ad-supported) + Live TV plan only. $49.99/month for 3 months, then auto-renews at $69.99/month or then-current regular monthly price. Price will increase to $74.99/month as of 12/8/22
Still somehow $45 cheaper than my parents are paying for Spectrum Cable with fewer channels and 2 DVRs.

Reactions: Mr Tony and djont57

I've got about 9 months to go on a 99 cents a month deal. I'll likely drop Hulu when that expires.

I signed up for Hulu Live TV through their last promo of $49.99 per month for the first 3 months. I'm coming from DISH (which I have on pause right now) so this interface and DVR system takes some getting used to compared to what I've been used to. I like what I've seen so far but the wife is going to be harder to convince because she was used to the DISH interface, terminology, guide, etc. I'm doing this through a Roku so it's a little tough figuring out what button does what with managing Hulu but we'll get there.

Just noticed that 911 ( that airs on Fox) is in 4K on Hulu, love how Traditional Providers/Broadcasters cannot get their act together regarding 4K, yet show that same content on streaming services.

Just noticed that 911 ( that airs on Fox) is in 4K on Hulu, love how Traditional Providers/Broadcasters cannot get their act together regarding 4K, yet show that same content on streaming services.
There is not enough bandwidth to air 4K OTA that is why streaming is the only outlet. Somewhere in the future, with ATSC 3 we might see 4K with HLG OTA, but don't hold your breath.

There is not enough bandwidth to air 4K OTA that is why streaming is the only outlet. Somewhere in the future, with ATSC 3 we might see 4K with HLG OTA, but don't hold your breath.
Not just OTA, amazed there is still not a few 4K statins on Satellite/ Cable, but now I doubt there ever will be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)