Hulu Will Raise the Price of the Hulu + Live TV Bundle in December

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN

Another live TV streaming service is getting a price hike next month. After raising the price of its ad-supported and ad-free plans in October, Hulu is now raising the price of its live TV package which comes with Disney+ and ESPN+.

The bundle with Hulu + Live TV (with ads) ESPN+ (with ads) and Disney+ (no ads) will increase from $70 per month to $75 per month.

The premium bundle with Hulu + Live TV (no ads), ESPN+ (with ads), and Disney+ (no ads) will increase from $75.99 per month to $82.99 per month.

confirmed on the hulu site in the fine print

The price of Hulu (With Ads) + Live TV, Disney+ (No Ads), and ESPN+ (With Ads) will increase from $69.99/month to $74.99/month beginning on 12/08/22.

Still a lot cheaper then Cable/Sat. Packages, plus the bonus content of Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+.

Also, all Traditional Providers have announced price increases also, so the differences in price remain the same.

Reactions: Mr Tony and ncted
Just an FYI, if you have an American Express card, you may have a deal that you can activate that will take off $7 per month for 12 months on any Disney Bundle priced at $13.99/mo or higher. As of Dec. 8, the price for the bundle with both D+ and Hulu ad-free (and ESPN+ with ads) will be $19.99. The legacy bundle (with D+ ad-free but Hulu with ads) will go up to $14.99. It doesn't mention anything about Hulu with Live TV but since that includes the full bundle and costs well more than $13.99/mo, I would think it qualifies.

I'm really only interested in Hulu ad-free, which alone now costs $14.99/mo. May as well get the full bundle for $19.99/mo and get $7 back and save a couple bucks while also getting D+ and ESPN+ (although I doubt I'd watch much on either).

Just an FYI, if you have an American Express card, you may have a deal that you can activate that will take off $7 per month for 12 months on any Disney Bundle priced at $13.99/mo or higher. As of Dec. 8, the price for the bundle with both D+ and Hulu ad-free (and ESPN+ with ads) will be $19.99. The legacy bundle (with D+ ad-free but Hulu with ads) will go up to $14.99. It doesn't mention anything about Hulu with Live TV but since that includes the full bundle and costs well more than $13.99/mo, I would think it qualifies.

I'm really only interested in Hulu ad-free, which alone now costs $14.99/mo. May as well get the full bundle for $19.99/mo and get $7 back and save a couple bucks while also getting D+ and ESPN+ (although I doubt I'd watch much on either).
I wonder how thats going to effect those with the Verizon Disney bundle.

I find it amazing that a company thats about to be swallowed up by Disney is raising prices.

I wonder how thats going to effect those with the Verizon Disney bundle.

I find it amazing that a company thats about to be swallowed up by Disney is raising prices.
Who's about to be swallowed up by Disney?

As for those folks getting the Disney Bundle through Verizon, my guess is that unless you go into your account and change something, you'll remain on what they're now calling the "legacy" version of the bundle, which has ad-free D+ but ads on Hulu and ESPN+, and the monthly price will go up from $13.99 to $14.99. If you get that bundle for free as part of your Verizon plan, my guess is that nothing will change. I do note that Verizon's FAQ says that you only have until the end of this month to activate your free Disney Bundle. So maybe they'll stop giving it out after that or, more likely, they'll switch to the new low-end version of the bundle that includes ads on all three apps.

Who's about to be swallowed up by Disney?

As for those folks getting the Disney Bundle through Verizon, my guess is that unless you go into your account and change something, you'll remain on what they're now calling the "legacy" version of the bundle, which has ad-free D+ but ads on Hulu and ESPN+, and the monthly price will go up from $13.99 to $14.99. If you get that bundle for free as part of your Verizon plan, my guess is that nothing will change. I do note that Verizon's FAQ says that you only have until the end of this month to activate your free Disney Bundle. So maybe they'll stop giving it out after that or, more likely, they'll switch to the new low-end version of the bundle that includes ads on all three apps.
I know its a PITA to get the Bundle and change to the Hulu No Ads (which is what I have)

Another live TV streaming service is getting a price hike next month. After raising the price of its ad-supported and ad-free plans in October, Hulu is now raising the price of its live TV package which comes with Disney+ and ESPN+.

The bundle with Hulu + Live TV (with ads) ESPN+ (with ads) and Disney+ (no ads) will increase from $70 per month to $75 per month.

The premium bundle with Hulu + Live TV (no ads), ESPN+ (with ads), and Disney+ (no ads) will increase from $75.99 per month to $82.99 per month.
You know these prices are getting close to what satellite/cable costs.

They are not even close-

Commercial Free Hulu with Disney+ and ESPN+-$20 a month
Commercial Free Peacock-$100 for the annual plan, so $8.35 a month
AMC+ $84 for the annual plan, so $7 a month
Commercial Free Discovery+ $7 a month
Commercial Free Paramount+-$100 for the annual plan, so $8.35 a month

With that, you get the majority that is on Live TV ( Cable and Broadcast),plus the exclusives for $50.70 a month and you do not have to subscribe to all of them, I have no interest in Discovery+ for example.

Then you have all the free stuff on Pluto TV and the likes, stuff you would have to pay for with a Traditional Provider

then if you wish to, you can add Showtime for $49 a year to P+, HBO-$15 a month and Netflix with 4K at $20 a month, another tad under $40 a month, so, basically $90 a month, if you added those to Dish/DirecTV/Comcast/etc, you would be looking at a close $150 a month.

Also, no DVR or Box charges.

Like I said, not close.

Last edited:
They are not even close-

Commercial Free Hulu with Disney+ and ESPN+-$20 a month
Commercial Peacock-$100 for the annual plan, so $8.35 a month
AMC+ $84 for the annual plan, so $7 a month
Commercial Free Discovery+ $7 a month
Commercial Free Paramount+-$100 for the annual plan, so $8.35 a month

With that, you get the majority that is on Live TV ( Cable and Broadcast),plus the exclusives for $50.70 a month and you do not have to subscribe to all of them, I have no interest in Discovery+ for example.

Then you have all the free stuff on Pluto TV and the likes, stuff you would have to pay for with a Traditional Provider

then if you wish to, you can add Showtime for $49 a year to P+, HBO-$15 a month and Netflix with 4K at $20 a month, another tad under $40 a month, so, basically $90 a month, if you added those to Dish/DirecTV/Comcast/etc, you would be looking at a close $150 a month.

Also, no DVR or Box charges.

Like I said, not close.
I think you mean commercial free peacock. The commercial version is 4.99 month/50 a year unless you got a deal on it during a promotion :)

I think you mean commercial free peacock. The commercial version is 4.99 month/50 a year unless you got a deal on it during a promotion :)
Correct…fixed.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I am about to help my parents switch to Hulu+Live. Even with the price increases, it will still save them ~$50/month vs. what Spectrum is costing them for cable. They will get more channels and unlimited DVR in the process.

I am about to help my parents switch to Hulu+Live. Even with the price increases, it will still save them ~$50/month vs. what Spectrum is costing them for cable. They will get more channels and unlimited DVR in the process.
But will they understand it ?

Your Mom wants to watch the Big Bang Theory, will she know what channel it will be on and when ?

Your Mom is probably ingrained with the Traditional Channels ....

I would hate to explain to my Mom that you need to open Paramount APP to watch it and when you want to turn on your NCIS it may be a different app ot your Yellowstone, another app ....
Won't work for my Parents

Btw, how do I watch the Football game ???

I too am helping my Parents ... I am just paying thier TV Bill ... this way they watch what they KNOW, no confusion as to what app is this on or that show is Where ?

The biggest part of transition from cable/satellite to something like Hulu or YouTube for TV is there are no channel numbers for such a streaming service. With having those traditional providers for years, it's ingrained in their brains that the news they like is channel 2, the game they like is on channel 4 and that show they watch every Thursday night is on channel 7.

Some of those streaming live TV guides are customizable and the key for Hulu (as I found out) is setting favorites and preferences when you create profiles so that they immediately see the things they like when they launch the service.

It's a different way of thinking of live TV in some respects and if the parents/elders aren't open to change, it can be like pushing water uphill.

Your Mom wants to watch the Big Bang Theory, will she know what channel it will be on and when ?

Your Mom is probably ingrained with the Traditional Channels ....

I would hate to explain to my Mom that you need to open Paramount APP to watch it and when you want to turn on your NCIS it may be a different app ot your Yellowstone, another app ....
Won't work for my Parents

Btw, how do I watch the Football game ???
They are asking for it to save money. They will still get traditional channels with Hulu+Live, just not in the traditional way. They understand guides and DVRs, and they watch Paramount+, Netflix, and Hulu currently. Also, my brother has Hulu+Live and he lives locally, so he can always go over and show them. Plus, they have all the time in the world to fiddle with it and figure it out.

Reactions: Jimbo and Mr Tony