I am getting screwed by someone

Camdog916

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I will start by saying I have been a AT&T/Dish customer for 3 years now so I have a bundle package. So I was helping out a friend today with the prices between Dish and Direct TV. While I was on the Dish site I noticed that the prices were a little cheaper then what I was paying. So I went on AT&T bill to see why I was paying more. Well apparently I have the Silver HD and Platinum HD which is a bundle package on Dish's site for $10 but the only problem is that I am paying $10 for each. Yes I am paying $10 for Silver HD and $10 for Platinum HD. So I immediately called Dish and spoke with a guy that works in the Dish bundle area and said that eventually the two package would be "grandfathered" in so that I pay only $10 for both. But he had no idea when that would be. So to fix the problem I needed to sign another 2 year contract for him to take the charge off. The silly thing is that even when he takes the charge off I will still have the Platinum HD because it's already packaged into the Silver HD. How dumb is this?

Well my delima is that I know the 922 is coming out soon and I want to get it as soon as it comes out and if I sign a contract today I have to wait until my contract is up for another upgrade. I think that I am getting screwed over by someone. I know it's not AT&T since they are no longer with Dish so it has to be Dish themselves. I don't know what to do or who to talk to, to get the extra $10 off for the Platinum HD that should be combined with my Silver package. Can anyone help?

This is one of the disadvantages to bundles...the go between. Call Dish and try again. BE CLEAR that programming changes do not re-up commitment.

This is one of the disadvantages to bundles...the go between. Call Dish and try again. BE CLEAR that programming changes do not re-up commitment.
That's why I got rid of my bundle. I'm saving more and getting more now than I was with the bundle discounts....

Not sure that calling Dish will help. As a bundle (ATT) customer, don't you have a special # to call for billing issues?

AT&T may have moved to D* but they still have a lot of customers still under Dish. Might want to see about becoming a "pure" Dish customer, if they have not arranged for that already.

I don't think AT&T has talked many people into removing their old dishes and replacing them with new dishes, changing out equipment, learning new procedures and perhaps rewiring. Not sure they're even trying.

I bundle with Frontier Comm.

I am currently receiving a landline with all the bells and whistles with 100 min of long distance that I never use due to our cell phones.

I am also receiving the top 250, cinemax for .01, 622 in living room, 612 in bedroom, and all in HD.

All for......................$65/mo with all the taxes and bs in there.

I like bundles :D I can't believe the deal to be honest.

But I can see how you can get bent with them also. My deal runs through the end of the year, so I'll have to make some choices come December.

I'm bundled with ATT and no problem getting the Platinum charge removed. I called the number on my bill if that helps any. Keep trying.

WOW THIS IS ALL IT TOOK!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](03pa*) Chanson R. O2O: hello and how can i help you?
Cameron Huntley: Okay I need some help. Why am I paying an extra $10 a month for Platinum HD when it is suppose to be included in my Silver HD package?
(03pa*) Chanson R. O2O: okay so i got that all taken care of for you your total monthly is 74.96
(03pa*) Chanson R. O2O: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
Cameron Huntley: you removed the platinum HD charge? Do I still have the channels since it is included in the Silver HD package?
(03pa*) Chanson R. O2O: yes
Cameron Huntley: thank you very much.
(03pa*) Chanson R. O2O: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, have a great day!
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

Stupid Pet Tricks a la 722K

Best way of upgrading?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)