I am having a strange problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

golferace2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Massachusetts
This afternoon, I am running into a strange problem. First, I have two HD receivers, a HR20 and a H20. I have them both hooked up to a Component Video Matrix Selector as I have two TVS, both hi-def, side by side. I also have a Comcast HD DVR hooked up to it as well. Up until today, I haven't had any problems getting any of the HD channels, the existing and new ones, using either the H20 or HR20 or either TV.

This afternoon, when going to Big Ten network HD, channel 220, I was not able to receive it on one tv but was able to do so on the other. This goes for most of the Mpeg4 channels, but not for CNNHD or NFLHD which I can get on either tv, using either the H20 or HR20. I also can get all the HD channels in the 70's except for ESPN and ESPN2.

It seems to me that it isn't the receivers since they are outputting the HD signal. Also, the tv in question is getting HD. I just don't understand why on one tv I can't receive all the HD Channels. When I turn to an HD Channel such as 269 (HistHD) on the TV where I am getting this problem, the picture is broken up and then goes to a solid blue. It happens using either receiver.

Sounds like you lost some or all your transponders on Sat 103B? Have you done a signal test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf51d View Post
Sounds like you lost some or all your transponders on Sat 103B? Have you done a signal test?
I haven't done that, but why would that cause the problem when I get all the channels thru one tv and just some on the other?

Also, it happens no matter which receiver I use.

Golf,
It happens on both rec's from the same feed ? and they work at a different feed in the house ?

If so, check your cable runs and any MS you may be using, also check you connectors.

Golf,
It happens on both rec's from the same feed ? and they work at a different feed in the house ?

If so, check your cable runs and any MS you may be using, also check you connectors.

The two receivers are side by side and are routed thru a switcher. I get all the channels when it goes to one tv and but on the other, I am not able to get most of the new channels. But get all the other HD channels except for ESPN and ESPN2. Can I have a bad connection to one tv and still get some HD channels?

If you have access to the switcher, try swapping the cables at the switch box. If the same set still has the problem then the problem is probably with the cable, If the problem moves to the other set, then the problem is probably the switcher.

I was going to suggest removing the switcher (if accessible) and see what you get.

Jimbo

Hi, I just tried that, connecting the box straight to the tv and the same thing, I can receive the existing HD Mpeg2 channels, excepting ESPNHD and ESPN2HD, but including all the other HD channels in the 70's. I can also receive NFLHD and BravoHD and 2 out of my four locals (in HD).

Since I have no problems getting ALL the channels one tv and not the other, is there some reason why one tv all of a sudden can't receive some channels? It seems inconceivable that this could be the case.

Gary

Hi, I just tried that, connecting the box straight to the tv and the same thing, I can receive the existing HD Mpeg2 channels, excepting ESPNHD and ESPN2HD, but including all the other HD channels in the 70's. I can also receive NFLHD and BravoHD and 2 out of my four locals (in HD).

Since I have no problems getting ALL the channels one tv and not the other, is there some reason why one tv all of a sudden can't receive some channels? It seems inconceivable that this could be the case.

Gary

How about calling D* and having them check to see if they have all your programming still in the system for your particular receiver, could be that they just have had it turned off, (those few channels), computer glitches happen.

Jimbo

Anybody else having problems with local channels in HD. I get the Chicago channels and they were working last night but now are not working. No error messages just a black screen. Locals in SD are working. National HD is working.

Anybody else having problems with local channels in HD. I get the Chicago channels and they were working last night but now are not working. No error messages just a black screen. Locals in SD are working. National HD is working.

Sorry, I can't help you, I get mine OTA and they are fine !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need RF Remote Extender Advice

Keyword series recording wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)