Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today the long awaited unteathered Jailbreak for the iPhone 4S was released.

I grabbed it and ran it and now have my iPhone Jailbroken! The jailbreak was simple, plug my phone in and press go! And what I find amazing is it did not even wipe my phone leaving all my apps, settings and folders alone! (YIPPIE!)

So it's been a few years since I have been Jailbroken... so let me ask what are the cool apps I should look into loading now that I am jailbroken?

Thanks guys!

I just got my brothers 4s 64 gig off of him, I know I am risking my data being grandfathered but I couldnt pass up on this deal..so I am kinda wondering the same...wonder if its even worth it to jailbreak anymore.

First thing you want to do is add the www.pepper.net repo (mine) and install a little tweak called FakeClockUp. It reduces the animation delays and makes the phone feel faster.

Jailbreak QA is a good resource for lots of talk about it.

SBSettings is the best tweak you can use. One swipe from left top corner to the right top corner brings down this short cut feature and from there you can turn off and on many features
sbsfreemem2.png

Winterboard for many custom settings

LocSpoof - Spoofs your location on any APP you choose. Nice feature for getting around sports blackouts on your sports APPs

Zephyr - Brings up your multitasking bar by swiping from bottom to top instead of double tapping the home buttom. Use this with kill background to kill all running apps by pressing the red x in the bottom right corner

Activator - Centralized gestures. Use with SBSettings

Last edited:
SBSettings is the best tweak you can use. One swipe from left top corner to the right top corner brings down this short cut feature and from there you can turn off and on many features
View attachment 77383

Winterboard for many custom settings

LocSpoof - Spoofs your location on any APP you choose. Nice feature for getting around sports blackouts on your sports APPs

Zephyr - Brings up your multitasking bar by swiping from bottom to top instead of double tapping the home buttom. Use this with kill background to kill all running apps by pressing the red x in the bottom right corner

Activator - Centralized gestures. Use with SBSettings

THat image looks awful Android-like. Are there other themes for it?

I think the one thing I would want to do if JB'd is to have brightness controls on the screen (and I remember when DK showed examples of it in a different thread).

If you JB, how easy is it to un-JB?

My 4s has been jailbroken (untethered) for some time now so I don't what you mean bwhen you say it came out today. I suggest 3g unrestrictor, ProTube, Pkgbackup, sbmanager, and all the suggestions made ny DK

rockymtnhigh said:
THat image looks awful Android-like. Are there other themes for it?

I think the one thing I would want to do if JB'd is to have brightness controls on the screen (and I remember when DK showed examples of it in a different thread).

If you JB, how easy is it to un-JB?

Brightness control.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

JB mine again yesterday, and added back some stuff that I missed. MyWy, IntelliScreenx, ect. There is a dialer that I was using before that I need to find again.

Worth doing IMO, and really easy to do, and undo.

I grabbed it and ran it and now have my iPhone Jailbroken! The jailbreak was simple, plug my phone in and press go! And what I find amazing is it did not even wipe my phone leaving all my apps, settings and folders alone! (YIPPIE!)

Yeah, I did a backup, but both times that I have JB mine, it left everything as is, which was nice.

I just got my brothers 4s 64 gig off of him, I know I am risking my data being grandfathered but I couldnt pass up on this deal..so I am kinda wondering the same...wonder if its even worth it to jailbreak anymore.

I thought you just switched over to the Galaxy Nexus?

Will I be able to tether with Verizon without having to pay their asinine $20 fee to do so, if I jb?

Neutron said:
Will I be able to tether with Verizon without having to pay their asinine $20 fee to do so, if I jb?

Yea. Get MyWi. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Can you tell us how many countless hours you had to spend re-configuring your device after rooting/JB'ing it ? Also, what doesn't work now ? :neener

Can you tell us how many countless hours you had to spend re-configuring your device after rooting/JB'ing it ? Also, what doesn't work now ? :neener

I ran the JB and within minutes it was done. Nothing to reconfigure, and everything works. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)