I bought the BD55...Whats next?

jacketfan89

Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
Alright guys,

Thanks to the help on the other thread I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the bd55...it was 324.90 on amazon with free shipping and no tax. :-D

For my dads setup we have the cabling run from the cabinet just under the projection screen up through the wall into the attic and across the attic floor down to the projector. I will probably need a 10m HDMI cable. I saw a 1.3b 10m cable for about $45.00. Will this work?

Also since I went with the bd55 I am going to be using the multichannel audio. What cable do I need for this?

Can you guys think of any other accessories besides those 2 cables?

Okay...so if I need a 35 ft HDMI cable...which one is the best one on that site to buy. Also what kind of cables do I need for the analog multichannel input? Lastly, my dad LOVES concert DVDs...and ACDC is one of his favorites, but he already has it on DVD. I've heard good reviews about the RUSH blu ray and the Shine A Light (Rolling Stones). I saw the shine a light at the imax and it was awesome. Any ideas?

For such a long HDMI run, you should go with a higher quality, 22AWG cable. Either 2805 ($40.99) or 3571 ($76.13)
I think you will also need ferrite cores on both ends (sold separately for $2.73)

For 5.1 audio connections you will need something like Acoustic Research AP-036 or for somewhat better quality Acoustic Research PR-136 Pro II Series 5.1.
(Or if you have a couple of component video cables laying around, you can start by using them instead ;) )

Cool. I got it today. Its really hard not to give it to him early! Hopefully I can make it 3 more weeks... Thanks for the cable advice. I'll be ordering those next week.

Can't do 24p

This Project Is Getting Bigger and Bigger...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)