I Didn't Realize...

SummitCinema

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
I called Dish yesterday for the great 942 - 622 swap. I had completed the deal, when i discovered that "I was giving them my 942." Let me clarify that statement. I thought the deal was they were exchanging my 942 for a 622, plus the $99 fee. I was shocked to learn that they get my $700 942 I bought last fall, an additional $99, I forfeit ownership of anything, and I get to lease a 622. :mad:

When the CSR informed me that I was out $700 (which I guess I will be eventually anyway someday) I was shocked and pretty pi$$ed. Is it just me, or does this seem wrong to anybody else?

Steve

As I posted last week for those who would rather own their 622 to wait, dish is working on a promotion for you to trade in your 921 /942 for a 622 which you will own. :)

Thanks Greg. I don't frequent this forum enough. I'll look for your post.

Steve

SummitCinema said:
I called Dish yesterday for the great 942 - 622 swap. I had completed the deal, when i discovered that "I was giving them my 942." Let me clarify that statement. I thought the deal was they were exchanging my 942 for a 622, plus the $99 fee. I was shocked to learn that they get my $700 942 I bought last fall, an additional $99, I forfeit ownership of anything, and I get to lease a 622. :mad:

When the CSR informed me that I was out $700 (which I guess I will be eventually anyway someday) I was shocked and pretty pi$$ed. Is it just me, or does this seem wrong to anybody else?

Steve
I hope you cancelled the order. Like Scott mentioned, just take a deep breath and wait another month or two...should see an exchange to own option. IMO, the offer will probably coincide with additional HD channels coming online.

SummitCinema said:

Steve
Its the same bologna that D* will try to pull as well IMO.

riffjim4069 said:
I hope you cancelled the order.

Immediately...told the CSR that I would just continue to use my 942 and when Dish went to all MPEG4, I would cancel Dish, and use the 942 for a doorstop. :)

Glad to hear about the new plans, I will wait for the $299 deal.

Steve

I own a 942 and initially felt the same way. But after thinking about it a little more, I'm wondering what the advantages are to owning? You're spending $99 for the lease deal vs. a possible $299 for the owning deal - I kind of like the less out of pocket $$ with the lease deal. Yeah you own the 622 for $299 but to what advantage?

I know you can end up selling the 622 but is that the only benefit? I bought my 942 because I wasn't given the option to lease.

622 TV2 output using existing coaxial cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts