I dont understand how scanning works...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
So I dont really get whats going on, exactly. I am primarily interested in channels on 97W. So i blind scanned that, found all the channels i wanted, and i was good to go. Then I decided to see if I could find more channels on another satellite. To my surprise, it found several hundred. However, a lot were duplicate channels of the ones on 97W and repeats of the same channel on that satellite. There were actually a lot of channels that I wanted that were totally new. My questions are:

1)Why did I find new channels if i am only pointed at 97W?
2)Why are there repeats of channels on the same satellite?
3)How come, when I found the same channel on both satellites, do their frequencies differ?

Thanks for any info!

Because the preloaded transponder information was close enough to log the channels. You can probably be 2Mhz off and SR off by 2-300 and it will still 'get them'. A Blind scan scanned in the channels where IT detected them.
Delete all channels and transponders and do a fresh Blind Scan and you should be good.
Double check your LNB settings before a scan.
You wont find channels on another satellite unless you first aim at that satellite. Knowing an active transponder, and having it programmed in, is required for this.
Frequencies different because the LNB settings are different???

EDIT: Some further reading LNB LO Frequency - 101

Last edited:
It sounds like you have a stationary dish. The receiver doesn't know it's still pointed at the same satellite. It is scanning in the same channels sorted to a different satellite in the receivers list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)