I got my D*! Initial Impressions...Good Install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ItaliaVP

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
I finally took the plunge from E* to D*. Today was the installation and here's my impression.

Installation:

The installer was very nice and knew what he was doing. The only issue was the timeframe, but obviously it wasn't the tech's fault. I was quote 1-5pm. I called at 2:30pm to ask for a rough estimate and the rep for the installer said around 4:30pm and that he was running a bit late. 5:00pm rolled around and no one showed up so I called the installation company again. They apologized and quoted me a time between 5:30pm and 7:30pm! I was a little upset, only for the reason that if he came after 630pm or so it would be dark and I didnt want anyone on my roof in the dark for safety reasons. Hearing that, I called DirecTV and the CSR apologized and offered me a $100.00 credit plus Sunday Ticket Super Fan for free. Sure enough, my tech arrived at 5:45pm. I felt bad for him since he was having a long day. I offered him a drink but he declined. He got the dish on the roof by sunset, he then installed the multiswitch very neatly in the attic and then I helped him install all 6 of my receivers..It took a while but he was out of here by 9pm. He finally accepted a bottle of water and I gave him a tip because he was very nice and competent.

In the hour or so I had to play around with D* I am very impressed. The HD quality seems to be much better than E*. I am very much impressed with the new channels like MGM HD and Fox Business HD. I will do more exploring tomorrow but I am very pleased so far and glad I switched. I cant wait for Sunday football!! Im going to run an ethernet cable to my HR 20-100 tomorrow and try some CE's to try to see if I can join the DOD beta fun.

Setup:

1 HR20-100 (HDMI)
1 HD Receiver (Component--going to switch to HDMI)
1 SD DVR
3 Standards

I'll be gradually upgrading all but one of the SD TVs to HD over the next year.

Also, D* screwed up my work order, they were suppose to send the Intl Dish in order for me to get SkyTG24..Does anyone know if it will be complicated to integrate into the current setup?

Also, D* screwed up my work order, they were suppose to send the Intl Dish in order for me to get SkyTG24..Does anyone know if it will be complicated to integrate into the current setup?

Intl dish connectes to the flex port on the multi-sw. SD receivers need to do auto-detect to see 95 sat. I think the HD receivers have an option in setup to select 95 sat.

The only issue is that there are no CE's for the -100 model. I had to go to best buy and get a -700 model to join in on the C and E fun. The only way that im getting a -700 sent to me was because I was told origionally that i would be getting all new equipment and the work order stated it too.

The only issue is that there are no CE's for the -100 model. I had to go to best buy and get a -700 model to join in on the C and E fun. The only way that im getting a -700 sent to me was because I was told origionally that i would be getting all new equipment and the work order stated it too.

-100's do get ce's but they are much more rare, -700 gets one every week

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)