I have an H and H mount, but...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

highskies

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 15, 2010
Texarkana
I have never found anything east of 72 W. So what exactly is the trick in accomplishing this? I'm in the Texarkana area, currently using an S9, and the dish size is 31" I think. I've had this particular dish up for probably 10 years or so now. Have never found any signals beyond 72W. If I were heading east from there, what would be the next KU sat that I should be able to find a signal on?

The next major sat in terms of many channels to watch in my opinion is Hispasat at 30w. It has lots of soccer, baseball, and movie channels. Movies are in English with Spanish or Arabic subtitles. There is stuff inbetween and maybe another member can fill you in.

The next major sat in terms of many channels to watch in my opinion is Hispasat at 30w. It has lots of soccer, baseball, and movie channels. Movies are in English with Spanish or Arabic subtitles. There is stuff inbetween and maybe another member can fill you in.

How do I locate 30w tho? The USALS function is kind of messed up for some reason. On some sats the USALS hit the sat dead on. On others I have to use the motor feature. Don't know why it does that. Before I got the S9 all the sats would hit dead on using the USALS feature. But I still never found anything east of 72W. None of those other receivers would have had S2 capability. Even so, I would think there would have been regular dvb signals to find at the time.

30W is out of the range for USALS for you and I think maybe you'll hit the limit switch before you get there with DiSEqC 1.2 . That's 64° off due south for you.

30W is out of the range for USALS for you and I think maybe you'll hit the limit switch before you get there with DiSEqC 1.2 . That's 64° off due south for you.

Since it looks like you know that my location is around 94W, which I'm guessing you determined that from me saying I was in the Texarkana area, do you know how far east of 72W I should be able to go with USALS, and without hitting the limit switch? If I can't find 30W that's no big deal to me, but I would at least like to get some action out of this HH mount I've had going on 10 years now. I would think I could do better than 72W. Up unto that point the dish seems to be tracking pretty much spot on. I have no problems with any signals from 125 w to 72 w that I can think of offhand. That should mean the dish is tracking the arc pretty much spot on then, or at least I would think so.

Just push the dish as far east as it will go and watch the signal meter on cubavision. You can get the TP specs at Lyngsat. I'm guessing your elevation would be 10 degrees or less.

Since it looks like you know that my location is around 94W, which I'm guessing you determined that from me saying I was in the Texarkana area, do you know how far east of 72W I should be able to go with USALS, and without hitting the limit switch? If I can't find 30W that's no big deal to me, but I would at least like to get some action out of this HH mount I've had going on 10 years now. I would think I could do better than 72W. Up unto that point the dish seems to be tracking pretty much spot on. I have no problems with any signals from 125 w to 72 w that I can think of offhand. That should mean the dish is tracking the arc pretty much spot on then, or at least I would think so.
I'm not exactly sure how far you'll get with USALS. There have been numerous threads about your situation and how little there is to find east of 72W. SatelliteAV comments on USALS limitations here http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...setup-motor-on-pansat-9500hdx?highlight=USALS I think my motors are right at 120° between limit switches.

How do I locate 30w tho? The USALS function is kind of messed up for some reason. On some sats the USALS hit the sat dead on. On others I have to use the motor feature. Don't know why it does that. Before I got the S9 all the sats would hit dead on using the USALS feature. But I still never found anything east of 72W. None of those other receivers would have had S2 capability. Even so, I would think there would have been regular dvb signals to find at the time.

For me in the north, the number of full-time unencrypted channels east of 72W, NOT counting 30W, is in the single digits -- and most of them are way over on 15W! Heck, not counting 30W or 15W, the number of transponders visible at all isn't much higher except for the Mexican pay service on 50W. In the south, you may have a few more on 53W, 55W, or 58W, which I can't get here. And don't forget that some of them are in the low band.

Up here in the Toronto area the Stab 90 makes it to 30w with USALS. Never tried going further due to trees and houses in LOS.

Last edited:
It is definitely out of USALS range in Texarkana. It is out of USALS range for me in New Orleans. You can use DiSEqC 1.2 for it, or better yet, as Waylew suggested, use a dedicated fixed dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)