I need info on new hopper plus

I was told by a CSR & Tech Support (supposedly he (Tech) verified it with someone up the chain) that the Joeys indeed had PIP/Multi-View feature. Members here (Who I Trust BTW) tell me it's unavailable.

I don't understand why the information provided to Dish personnel would be false. I find it very hard to believe they would take it upon themselves to lie...Two separate departments are putting out the same info. My guess is they are being fed the wrong info, members here who are actually beta-testing or installing the equipment, tell me flat out it's not available, Well, I believe them.

I'm leaning toward getting the new equipment because, well, it's new + no charge to get it installed.

They are going to install Wireless Joeys, am I making a mistake for not getting wired ones?

I don't understand why the information provided to Dish personnel would be false.
We go through this every single day with CSR's. There are reports on the Dish tech portal, constantly. I'm sorry that the Dish people here will cringe at this, but the CSR's are useless. They know nothing. I had one tell a customer I would wall mount 4 TV's - for free. I had one tell a customer with me there that I could just give her a Surge Protector for free. Another said he could see that my office had a Hopper 2000's (We didn't) when I called to upgrade a customer to a Hopper 2 on a new install.

They have zero ability to provide assistance and they set up nonsense truck rolls. Like how to turn Closed Captions off on a 5x Series remote. Or that a Customer doesn't need to have their TV's present on a mover. It's a circus, dealing with these people. I truly believe they make things up if they don't know or can't find an answer and their ineptness costs techs and subs/RSP's a lot of money on useless truck rolls and back charges.

I had a work order to put Pluto TV on a customer's smart TV once, who was blind and wanted to be able to hear the Three's Company Channel...
Then 2 days later, after I did this in bewilderment how this could possibly be Dish related, I got a Trouble Call because he couldn't figure out his Roku TV remote.......

I'm sorry you were given false information, LQQK, but as a tech, this is far from surprising. The other techs on here will probably nod in agreement.

I was told by a CSR & Tech Support (supposedly he (Tech) verified it with someone up the chain) that the Joeys indeed had PIP/Multi-View feature. Members here (Who I Trust BTW) tell me it's unavailable.

I don't understand why the information provided to Dish personnel would be false. I find it very hard to believe they would take it upon themselves to lie...Two separate departments are putting out the same info. My guess is they are being fed the wrong info, members here who are actually beta-testing or installing the equipment, tell me flat out it's not available, Well, I believe them.

I'm leaning toward getting the new equipment because, well, it's new + no charge to get it installed.

They are going to install Wireless Joeys, am I making a mistake for not getting wired ones?
Get the new Equipment, it's worth it. If it's possible to use wired Joeys, I'd go that way over wireless. Please make sure your tech has all the receivers activated and fully downloaded before he plugs the Hopper+ in and completes the setup process at the Hopper. We've had issues with techs plugging the Plus in before the Joeys were on the Google Login Screen

We go through this every single day with CSR's. There are reports on the Dish tech portal, constantly. I'm sorry that the Dish people here will cringe at this, but the CSR's are useless. They know nothing. I had one tell a customer I would wall mount 4 TV's - for free. I had one tell a customer with me there that I could just give her a Surge Protector for free. Another said he could see that my office had a Hopper 2000's (We didn't) when I called to upgrade a customer to a Hopper 2 on a new install.

They have zero ability to provide assistance and they set up nonsense truck rolls. Like how to turn Closed Captions off on a 5x Series remote. Or that a Customer doesn't need to have their TV's present on a mover. It's a circus, dealing with these people. I truly believe they make things up if they don't know or can't find an answer and their ineptness costs techs and subs/RSP's a lot of money on useless truck rolls and back charges.

I had a work order to put Pluto TV on a customer's smart TV once, who was blind and wanted to be able to hear the Three's Company Channel...
Then 2 days later, after I did this in bewilderment how this could possibly be Dish related, I got a Trouble Call because he couldn't figure out his Roku TV remote.......

I'm sorry you were given false information, LQQK, but as a tech, this is far from surprising. The other techs on here will probably nod in agreement.
This is disturbing. As a customer it really pisses me off, I can only imagine how you and all who work directly with Dish daily feel. I thank you for sharing and thank you for your honesty about what is going on behind the curtains.

Get the new Equipment, it's worth it. If it's possible to use wired Joeys, I'd go that way over wireless. Please make sure your tech has all the receivers activated and fully downloaded before he plugs the Hopper+ in and completes the setup process at the Hopper. We've had issues with techs plugging the Plus in before the Joeys were on the Google Login Screen
I'm gonna print this reply to show the tech, hopefully, he won't be offended. I'll call dish this morning and request wired Joeys instead of the wireless.

Thanks, again, HipKat.

I'm gonna print this reply to show the tech, hopefully, he won't be offended. I'll call dish this morning and request wired Joeys instead of the wireless.

Thanks, again, HipKat.
No problem, glad to help and even if he has issues, I’m sure he’ll get it in at the end of the day. It’s all brand new and the process isn’t exactly clear yet.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Get the new Equipment, it's worth it. If it's possible to use wired Joeys, I'd go that way over wireless.
I have both wired and wireless. And enjoy the wireless units greatly. I have been taking one of mine outside and setting up a projector and screen and having parties with friends watching wrestling events under the stars. :D

Then 2 days later, after I did this in bewilderment how this could possibly be Dish related...
Perhaps there is an upcoming partnership between Dish and Pluto TV, similar to Dish's current arrangement with Vix TV? (Yes, I'm going to keep spreading that Dish / Pluto TV rumor until it actually happens.)

Perhaps there is an upcoming partnership between Dish and Pluto TV, similar to Dish's current arrangement with Vix TV? (Yes, I'm going to keep spreading that Dish / Pluto TV rumor until it actually happens.)
No, this was a couple years ago. Either way, it was installing a third-party app on a customer’s television. It had nothing to do with Dish Network

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have been trying to keep up with the threads lately about the Hopper + and new Joeys. Are we at the point where we can purchase them from Dish or is most of the comments on here about people leasing them and trying to get the cost of the install down? I saw September 15th as a date on here too for existing customers? If we purchase the new equipment are we going to need a tech to set it all up?