I restored the default settings on my box and now I don't know how to blind scan 97W and I feel real

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Apparently the gentleman who had given me the box had it programmed in there, but when it must not have been on the default satellite list and I am too new at this to add it back! I'm kind of freaking out. It's asking for lnb type freq, antenna position etc.

Can anyone please (pretty please!) help me?! :(

The LNB is standard, the receiver is a neusat sp-6000. I truly have no idea what I'm doing and it's embarrassing. Do I have to program in all the TPs manually?

Older receiver? Yeah, the name is probably wrong. BUT there should be a satellite that's at 97W in the list of satellites. Just change it's name.
97W G19 (formerly G25/IA5/T5) << from stickey: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/71402-What-satellite-is-where

I could swear I looked for anything at 97W but I can't seem to find anything. I'll look again. Also, I checked the wiki page for galaxy 19 and looked for what it could have formerly been but it had IA9 and G25 listed, so I'll give yours a try, thanks!

Wait, I found an IA5 at 97W that I must have missed! Good call FaT Air! I should be ok now, but some of the settings might be messed up.

Is this a fixed dish?? No motor? If so - You could blind scan with any satellite selected. Just have to know, and program in, the correct LNBF type. Standard or Universal - so it shows the correct frequency.
Then just change the name of the satellite you scanned under.

Oh, nice to know! Yeah, just a simple fixed dish. Sweet lord, this blind scan is taking forever!

Just wanted to say thanks and that all is right in the world again! :p

Only one question: what should the LNB frequency be during blind scan?

Last edited:
:up
Standard - 10750
Universal - 10600 & 9750 - The 22 khz tone is used and most boxes turn it on automatically for 10600 (11700 to 12200 band)

Although, if incorrect, the channels will still come in, but the box will display incorrect transponder frequency. Typically 150Mhz off. 10.75-10.6=.15

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts