Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Does anyone know where I can pick up a T90 only (no LNBF's)? I have all the LNBF's I need to complete my two room setup along with two receivers. I've been waiting since late summer and I was hoping that Sadoun would have re-stocked by now. Anywho, I'd like to support one of the sponsors but in the event none have stock I'll consider non sponsors as well. Any ideas? All I can find in my searches are setups with some type of LNBF/dish combo arrangement. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

damn that's a good price .. I paid around 260 shipped.. if you were local I'd consider selling you mine.. :)

I think I should have went with a motorized unit at first.. oh well..

EITS says +$30 for residential delivery. I got mine at hxxp://www.swidendist.com/detail.aspx?ID=293
Perhaps if you're in a favorable location relative to where they ship from, it could be cheaper than $195.

I got mine at EITS (actually got 2), but they couldn't find a deliverer to get it to the house. So, I had to go 85 miles (one way) to the only Freight Depot (Bax Global) that would haul it. After I agreed to pick it up, everything went smoothly. In all fairness to EITS, they worked on this for 3 days trying to find a way to get it to me. I didn't pay for shipping, but I had a long timeful ride. And it was worth it. Also the kit only has 5 H90 holders in it, you might want to get some extra's when you order?

Al

where you located ? interior of BC, Canada ? I'll sell you mine cheap

No, I live in New Mexico but thanks for the offer. Shipping rates over the last couple of years have really gone up. I suspect it has to do with the higher price of fuel.

I got mine at EITS (actually got 2), but they couldn't find a deliverer to get it to the house. So, I had to go 85 miles (one way) to the only Freight Depot (Bax Global) that would haul it. After I agreed to pick it up, everything went smoothly. In all fairness to EITS, they worked on this for 3 days trying to find a way to get it to me. I didn't pay for shipping, but I had a long timeful ride. And it was worth it. Also the kit only has 5 H90 holders in it, you might want to get some extra's when you order?

Al

I have an account with The UPS Store. I wonder if this qualifies as a "commercial address"? If not we have a BAX Global depot here in Albuquerque. I'll probably order mine this week. I'm not in a huge hurry. I'll probably sink a pole, ground rod and prep the wiring this weekend weather permitting.

EITS says +$30 for residential delivery. I got mine at hxxp://www.swidendist.com/detail.aspx?ID=293
Perhaps if you're in a favorable location relative to where they ship from, it could be cheaper than $195.
If you can't pickup, don't bother. 1 state over and it's $130 just for shipping.

where you located ? interior of BC, Canada ? I'll sell you mine cheap
A lot of people seem to love this dish but on the other hand I see a fair number of posts like this one from someone who has one and wants to get rid of it. Why is that? Are they really difficult to install? Are some people dissatisfied with the performance of the dish?

I'm not in a huge hurry. I'll probably sink a pole, ground rod and prep the wiring this weekend weather permitting.
The size pole for the T90 is 2-3/8th". It also comes with one of those tripod 45 degree swivel mounts like D* and E* use on peoples roofs, also found on the sides of buildings at times.
I could get 2 degree spacing with sats next to each other, but I couldn't get 3 or more sats in a row, with regular lnbf's. Some people have used the Mini lnbf's (I think they call them Bullets) found at SatelliteAV, a Sponser at the top of the page. And some people have used stacked lnbf's, some of which seem to work.

The size pole for the T90 is 2-3/8th". It also comes with one of those tripod 45 degree swivel mounts like D* and E* use on peoples roofs, also found on the sides of buildings at times.
I could get 2 degree spacing with sats next to each other, but I couldn't get 3 or more sats in a row, with regular lnbf's. Some people have used the Mini lnbf's (I think they call them Bullets) found at SatelliteAV, a Sponser at the top of the page. And some people have used stacked lnbf's, some of which seem to work.

Thanks voomvoom. Of the two degree separated sats I'd like to get 72/74, 87/89 and maybe 101/103 in the lineup. I'll be using Sadoun KUL2 standards. I'll let you know how it goes.

The weakest part of the T90 is the LNB rail, they are a pain to tweak exactly as the plastic holders aren't stabile enough.

My friend did a new LNB rail for the T90 as you can see from the picture below and it's very nice.

2 degree spacing is no problem with the new rail setup.

Attachments

• post-3117-1199457716.jpg
    post-3117-1199457716.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 365
  • post-3117-1199457762.jpg
    post-3117-1199457762.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 362
Likvid, those are really nice pictures! You think your friend would make me 3 of those Rails? And include about 50 lnb Holders to go with them? That would be a Good Thing for me!

Al

Looks great, and very professional! From the angle of the pictures, it seems that setup is getting a bit more than the 40 degree arc in the T-90 original specs. Is that so?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)