I want Sky angel but Do I have to buy a receiver?

talrudeboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 19, 2004
Skyangel says

(Only the DISH-brand equipment will receive Sky Angel. There is no requirement to subscribe to DISH Network programming to receive Sky Angel or to purchase a DISH-brand satellite system.)

I currently have a FTA ST3688 receiver.
Can I just order the service and get a access card and point my existing setup tp the Satallite?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
nope...the card slot is for the ethnic programs on IA5 (as an example)

you need a Dish Network receiver....any Dish receiver will work

rcwilcox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 30, 2004
Iceberg said:
nope...the card slot is for the ethnic programs on IA5 (as an example)

you need a Dish Network receiver....any Dish receiver will work

That is any Dish receiver that does not have a balance owed to Dish. Be careful as SA will not "turn on" a Dish receiver that has a balance owed so if you buy a used receiver then be sure to check with Dish not SA to see if it can be used.

SatelliteGuy

Dec 14, 2003
You will have to get a receiver with a card married to it. Noone sells Dish's cards except DISH and they are proud of them. If you get a used one before you buy it (off ebay) get the R00# of the receiver and the S00# of the card and call DISH to see if it has a balance on it.

Also see if it is still attached to an account. Some will have no balance on them but still attached to an account and they will not activate them either until the orignal owner calls in and has it removed.

There are ways around it if you know the right people and what to say.

You best bet is to find a local DISH Dealer and inquire about REFURBS or used equipment for the use of SKY ANGEL. Most dealers will not let a new box go for cheap because they are loosing their commisions.

If you don't have any luck let me know I am a SKY ANGEL dealer and would be able to assist. Just shoot me an email if you have any questions.

mysatellitetv@yahoo.com
installs@satelliteinstalls.tk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)