Icom M710 Marine SSB

Bill_KY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2008
Northern Kentucky
Icom M710 Marine SSB

I had the Icom M710 SSB transceiver for about a year. There are two versions, ham and marine and marine only. I have the marine only. It can be modified legally to get the ham bands. Thing is the programming ex1726 lists 5 possible options. It is set for #1 USA General.
The options are
#1 USA General
#2 USA Marine
#3 USA GMDSS
#11 Europe Marine
#12 Europe GMDSS

The program is a DOS program and I have an Windows 98 computer that can de used for it. I have the programming cord and the program. Does anyone have any information on which version will give me all the Ham channels?

I looked on the boat and marine forums as well as Eham and found some information, but still need more information as to which version gives the ham transmit frequencies. Ironically newer versions of this radio have the ham bands out of the box. The older version (which I have) has two versions which are programmable.

Does anyone have this radio or know of someone who has programmed it with the right version? New radios being sold there are references to a version 21, yet the ex 1726 program does not have the version 21. I could send the radio out to be professionally modified. But with costs and shipping, we are talking $125 and up. I can do it myself, just need to know which version to use.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Bill_KY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2008
Northern Kentucky
I got an answer from another forum. In short, the 1726 program is used but has to be set up in expert mode. I'll do an update if I am able to successfully update the radio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts