I'm getting excited........

jvc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
nc
I'm getting my first HDtv. Supposed to pick it up Friday. Best Buy had to order it. I'm looking so forward to this. Going from a 36" CRT, to a 61" DLP. This is the tv I have coming:
Samsung - 61" 1080p Slim-Depth LED Engine DLP HDTV - HL61A750

I'm already a digital cable subscriber with TW, so I can exchange my box to an HD box and get several HD channels free. I should have a BD player by November. May also get an SVS sub in November. Then I'll be sitting good for quite some time, and not need to upgrade. I can't wait!

cool!!

consider professional calibration if you want the display to hit 100% of its potential.

I’m real excited too they way you says it an all. But I never buy my stuffs in best buy they just bunch the rip offs. Always buy these things in authorized on line dealer ship like,B&H, OR CRUTCHFILED Or VANNS.COM,u don’t pay TAX or shipping and alots cheaper an that BESTBUY crap! but good luck and enjoe buddy :)

Bummer! It's supposed to rain Friday (the day I'm supposed to pick it up). I may have to wait an extra day. :( I don't think it will fit in my suburban, so I'm gonna have to drive a pick up truck.

I was planning an ISF calibration, but it may have to wait until next March. I only work twice a year (once in March & once in Oct.), for 3-4 weeks. October money is hopefully going for a BD player and SVS sub. By next March, the tv should be broke in good, and ready for ISF calibration.

OT: JVC, somebody's got to say it... I find your avatar rather disturbing. Care to explain why you chose one of a gun held to a dogs head? A lot of us here have pets and I would imagine wouldn't find the humor in this. In fact, I think it's kinda sick. Care to explain? :confused:

Yeah, I wish I had that copy of the magazine. I have quite a few, just not that one. I read once, that it's the most sought after cover.
You can see it better in the link, but the dog just had such a worried look on it's face.
Dogs and cats can have great expressions sometimes.

EDIT:
I changed the avatar to the actual cover, so it's more obvious what it is. :)

Yeah, I wish I had that copy of the magazine. I have quite a few, just not that one. I read once, that it's the most sought after cover.
You can see it better in the link, but the dog just had such a worried look on it's face.
Dogs and cats can have great expressions sometimes.

EDIT:
I changed the avatar to the actual cover, so it's more obvious what it is. :)
I think I actually had that one... not anymore... :(

I think I actually had that one... not anymore... :(

I had it at one time, but it went the way that a lot of my vinyl albums did............... somewhere in the twilight zone, to never be heard from again.

I got the tv yesterday. It's looking pretty awesome right now, but I'm sure I'll be tweaking it, and playing with settings, for awhile. :) Still gotta get my receiver and dvd player hooked back up, hopefully today (if I can stop looking at HD channels long enough to do it). :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)