Im putting up 2 antennas sugestions plz

bighick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Omaha, Ne
So i will start with my tv fool TV Fool
Now I will tell you what I want to receive. The channels to the Northeast all appear to be UHF, These are Omaha Nebraska, KPTM (FOX), CBS (KMTV), NBC (WOWT), ABC (KETV), CW (KWVO)and a PBS up there.
To the west which has the news I need (10 miles away instead of 40) but the fox is SD and there is no NBC. I need to get KLKN (ABC), KOLN (CBS), and that is it.

So my plan is to mount a VHF facing the west and a UHF to the North East. Here are the parts I have chosen so far
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]AntennaCraft MXU47 [/FONT]AntennaCraft MXU47 Deep Fringe UHF HD Yagi TV Antenna (MXU47) - AntennaCraft - MXU47 -

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]AntennaCraft Y5-7-13 Highband-Broadband VHF HD Yagi http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?mc=03&p=Y5-7-13&d=AntennaCraft-Y5713-HighbandBroadband-VHF-HD-Yagi-TV-Antenna-for-Channels-713-(Y5713)&c=TV%20Antennas&sku=716079000987[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Pico Macom UVSJ UHF VHF Band Separator/Combiner for Antenna (UVSJ)[/FONT] Pico Macom UVSJ UHF VHF Band Separator/Combiner for Antenna (UVSJ) - Pico Macom - UVSJ -

Am I on the correct track here?

What you are planning is logical. When you get everything installed then reality sets in you will find out if it works as expected or you have some unexpected problem show up.

disregard what boba says. He usually posts useless crap/smartass comments like that all the time. I guess he feels his posts are worthwhile :rolleyes:

now to ACTUALLY help you it looks you did plan out what you wanted to get. I do recommend a little bigger VHF antenna
Winegard YA 1713 Prostar 1000 10 El. Hi-Band VHF TV Antenna (YA-1713) - Winegard - YA-1713 - 615798304867

I just installed one to get a distant VHF station (about 70 miles away) and it works great. Since KOLN & KLKN are about 40-45 miles away (and from looking at where the towers are you have to go through Lincoln) the extra "oomph" on the bigger VHF will help keep them stable. Don't want to have the station cutting in and out during the day ;)

The UHF looks fine but I noticed a couple stations are 40 miles way whereas some are 20. But since the map shows LOS you shouldnt have issues picking those up.

Looks like you did some good research. Is this going to be mounted on the roof?

Yes, on the roof. I already have a tripod with a UHF/VHF/FM antenna up there but it is hit and miss if I can can get the lincoln channels.
I also have an old DISH mount that I will put a mast in or extend for the 2nd antenna. I will look into that Winegard unit also, just as soon as I get back from vacation :) .Thanks for the input Iceberg.

you should be good then if you swap out the antenna for 2 separate ones especially to get Lincoln

since one antenna is VHF only and one is UHF they can be mounted close to each other. I have a VHF only and a combo unit mounted about 2 feet from each other

Attachments

• PICT0004 (2).JPG
    PICT0004 (2).JPG
    317.3 KB · Views: 247

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)