I'm ready to buy, but have a ?

Salrod

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
CA
I'm ready to by a HD DVD player Toshiba A30. But when I went to Frys, two people were in the return line with the same player. Then, I went to Best Buy and they had a large stck of them. Several (at least 4) had open box stickers on them and a couple others had been opened and re-taped by Best Buy.

Is there something wrong with the A30? Would you recommend a different brand/model? Thanks.

Perhaps they bought those $98 HD DVD players or found some other good deals and decided to return the more expensive units... :D

Buy a Blu-Ray Player you wished you did. No go with what you want I'm sure these guys will have some good ideas on HDDVD. :)

Thank you all for your input. I bought the A30 yesterday for $299 at best buy and have it hooked up now. Works great! Even if BRay wins tomorrow, I will enjoy the player and HD movies.

I have the A30. In the original condition it had a problem with some DVD's stuttering and freezing with an error code. The new firmware upgrade fixed that. If the A30 is a good deal price wise, get it, try the firmware upgrade and see if it works for you. If not take it back. Mine is working flawlessly.

Wow! I thought it would have been your car that hooked her. Copy that bandit? :D

That's a big 10-4 good buddy! :p :D

No the car came later.:D Her original wedding set cost $150 in 1976. The rings she has now were her 25th and 30th anniversary gifts.

NightRyder

Bonus View Exposed: Resident Evil: Extinction (Profile 1.1) YES!!

Amazon Visa Credit Card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)