I'm stuck in a nightmare - HELP!!!

mounties

Apr 20, 2006
I ordered my VIP 622 system on March 22, and was granted an install date on April 15. On April 10 the new reciever had not arrived, so I called customer service while driving home from work. The agent told me it was on its way via UPS, and she offered the tracking number. I told her I was driving, so I couldn't write it down. But that I'd call the next day.

On April 12 I called the customer service office again, this time I was told that it was not sent via UPS, but that my installer would bring it in hand. This was contrary to what I had previously been told, so I decided to call back the next day. On April 13, I called again, and was told that the installer would bring it.

On April 15, installation day, the installer showed up on time, but he had no reciever with him. While he was there, he called customer service, and they told me that the reciever was sent out via UPS on April 14. For obvious reasons, the installer left, and I was rescheduled for May 11.

Since I had now recieved a different answer for each call, I decided to call again. This time I was told it was delivered on March 31. I requested the tracking number, and that took me to some package that had been delivered to a garage in Delaware (I'm in California).

I called again immediately after, and this time I was told it went out April 11, but there is no tracking number available.

I called again immediately after, and I was told it went out April 14, but there is no tracking number available.

I called just a few minutes ago, on April 17, and was told that the reciever has not gone out, and there is no expectation of when it will go out. In fact, the lady suggested that I push my currently scheduled install out, because she felt it was unlikely that I would recieve this by May 11.

I've called everyday since, and the information appears completely random!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

I've heard of a special number, and someone hook me up?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
That's EXACTLY what happened to me. I finally told them to shove it and give my money back, which resulted in a call from some guy. He was all apologetic and said that the truth was that they ran out of the 622 and they are back ordered and won't have them till the end of May.
But who knows? It's just another story to wonder about.

He did offer to put me on "the list, towards the top" gee thanks

SaltiDawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2004
Greg Mueller said:
...and said that the truth was that they ran out of the 622 and they are back ordered and won't have them till the end of May. ...
I find this surprising. I ordered on 4/3, received my 622 Rcvr on 4/10 and my install isn't scheduled until 5/1... the 622 is sitting in its box gathering dust - better part of two weeks so far and ten more days to go.

Dish Dude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 11, 2005
SaltiDawg said:
I find this surprising. I ordered on 4/3, received my 622 Rcvr on 4/10 and my install isn't scheduled until 5/1... the 622 is sitting in its box gathering dust - better part of two weeks so far and ten more days to go.

Get a hold of your local office and see if they can push up your install date, most of the time they can

ccash

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 23, 2006
Long Island
Ordered my 622 on April 7th right after Dish announced deal with SNY. Had an install date of April 26. Unit arrived UPS on April 11th. Got a call Monday the 17th at 2PM, local installer had a cancellation and wanted to know if they could install that day! I cruised home from work. They replaced all of my Legacy equipment and had me up and running by 6PM. All except an old 7120 that need an adaptor (its on its way UPS from Dish).

mounties

Apr 20, 2006
Ha....well it sounds like half of us are getting eff'd, and half of us are getting great service - very random.

For anyone else getting screwed, I called the Executive Resolution Team and was granted a $50 credit. Not great, but at least it's some retribution.

Thanks for all the input!

Jordan420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 20, 2003
Seattle, WA
The amazing part of your story is that you are still hanging in.

If I were treated this way by any company I would have left.

You are stuck in a nightmare by your own choice, satellite TV is a service, if you are bound & determined to give your money to a company that treats their customers like you have been treated that is your choice.

If you think they are going to provide you with better service after you are locked into a contract think again.

Jordan

SaltiDawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2004
Dish Dude said:
Get a hold of your local office and see if they can push up your install date, most of the time they can
Thanks for the suggestion... I'll goto the E* www site and see if I can identify the local office???

EDIT: Went to echostar.com and pit in my Zip Code to Find a Dealer. It returned over a dozen dealers. ????

Last edited:

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
The amazing part of your story is that you are still hanging in.

In my case, I finally took a step back and thought about it and decided it wasn't like they are selling oxygen on an airless planet, or anything. It's only TV. Sometimes you can get hung up in the wanting of a thing and it makes you lose perspective. Like bidding on Ebray.
I just figured I'd rather not be abused by people I'm giving money to. Somehow things have gotten really turned around in the market place. The reality is that they are asking us to buy something from them so they can stay alive. Shouldn't they be sucking up to us instead of trying to bend us over? Why do they figure they are doing us a favor by letting us buy their product, and then giving us crappy service on top of it?
As I explained to them, there are lots of ways I can entertain myself. I do not need Dish Network to be happy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts