Increase dish size

Outlier

Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
Hi,

I am in a "fringe area" with legal subscription to D*.
More programming is being move to CONUS TP so many channels are dropping out of what I pay for.

Others in this area are indicating that a much larger dish will recover the low-lost signals for many of the TPs.
Can I add fine mesh around the perimeter of the dish with ± the same curve to increase the dish size.
No budget for $2K for a 10-12' dish.

Tnx for any suggestions.

Basically NO

Your dish size cannot be changed once it is made. You can move to a larger dish, but I do not think you fully understand this issue.

All the programming you need is on either Full Conus beams (cover the entire country) or spot beams. The only channels on spot beams are local networks. If you receive your local channels, and you have decent signal on the full conus transponders, then those other transponders that you have low signal on, are used as spot beams for locals into OTHER areas.

If you are loosing programming you pay for, your problem lies elsewhere other than your dish size. You may have a mis-alighned dish, bad cable, bad connection, signal blockage from trees, ect...

Those 8'-12' dishes are not for DBS reception.

I may have under estimated how fringe you are. Mexico? Canada? Caribbean? If that is your situation, then you might be able to solve your problem with a different dish. We use 3 foot dishes all the time for commercial. Keep in mind they only work on one satellite at a time. If you are seeking multi-sat reception 101/110/119, you are looking at a dish for each satellite, or a 3 to 4 dish with multi-sat feed horn where you can install three LNBs. Those dishes are a bit tricky to set up, but they can work. You will then need switches to mix it all together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)